- Subway Sauces Recipes You Can Try At Home - June 2, 2022
- Slow Cooker Potatoes Recipe - June 2, 2022
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets No Breading - June 2, 2022
Really good fried chicken is hard to come by.
You know, the kind that explodes in your mouth and is so good it makes you want to cry.
Enter Willie Mae’s Fried Chicken Recipe, a recipe so good it’s considered the holy grail of all fried chicken recipes.
This recipe is perfect for people on a diet searching for a delicious but healthy meal, for chefs looking to wow diners, and for basically anyone on the hunt for delicious chicken.
You can have it for lunch, dinner, and breakfast because why not.
Try this recipe today for the crispiest, juiciest fried chicken.
Willie Mae’s Scotch house opened to the public in 1957 as a bar, restaurant, and beauty shop.
Soon, it became apparent that the crowds streamed in for the finger-licking food, which led the establishment to focus more on the restaurant.
Years later, Willie Mae’s delicacies, especially fried chicken, continue to bewilder and fill hearts and bellies.
Why You Should Try Willie Mae’s Fried Chicken Recipe
Willie Mae’s Fried Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 5 hrs
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 5 hrs 40 mins
Seasoned Flour Ingredients
What to Use for Frying
Directions for the Brine
Directions for Seasoned Flour
Directions for Frying
P.S: Only place four chicken thighs at a time.
How Do You Get Seasoning to Stick to Fried Chicken?
Getting seasoning to stick to your fried chicken is as easy as these simple steps.
Can you Fry Chicken with Cornstarch instead of Self-rising Flour?
You can easily replace self-rising flour with cornstarch for fried chicken.
Cornstarch creates a much crispier coating, which holds sauces better and absorbs far less oil.
For better results, you should;
Is Brining Chicken Necessary?
Pretty much yes, if you want your chicken all juicy and nice.
Salt in the brine helps retain moisture in the meat.
By breaking down the meat’s proteins.
You see how meat contracts when you place it on a grill or oven?
That’s because of the proteins.
Less water is lost once the meat’s proteins are broken down, which results in a juicer, plumper meal.
Plus, who doesn’t like more flavor in their meat?
What to Serve with Willie Mae’s Fried Chicken
Willie Mae’s fried chicken pairs nicely with;
A whole chicken should brine for 8 to 24 hours.
Do not let your chicken brine for more than a day lest it becomes too salty.
Four hours would do for chicken pieces like thighs, drumsticks, and breasts, while 2 hours is the standard for boneless chicken pieces.
Typically, when fried chicken goes amiss, it’s usually because;
The road to crispy and juicy fried chicken is paved with marinades and thermometers.
Rule number one, marinate your chicken.
You can make a brine or simply dip your chicken in buttermilk.
Rule number two, fry your chicken at the correct temperature.
The recipe you use should specify the best temperature.
And last but not least, do not rush the marination process.
Oils with a high smoke point make the best fried, fried chicken.
These include; peanut, canola, avocado, sunflower, and sesame oil. .
The single biggest difference between average fried chicken and the best fried chicken is the recipe you use.
Willie Mae’s fried chicken recipe is recommended for the crispiest, juiciest, most delicious chicken.
Try it today.
We guarantee you it’s going to be love at first bite.
The Iconic Willie Mae’s Fried Chicken Recipe
- 5 cups coca-cola
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 10 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons mild hot sauce
- 10 thighs chicken
- Preheat the stove to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy bottom Dutch Oven, heat peanut oil on medium heat.
- Put a meat thermometer in the center of the oil to check the temperature.
- The oil should be at 375 degrees or slightly higher.
- Take the chicken thighs out of the fridge.
- Remove them from the brine, and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Transfer them (chicken thighs) to the plastic bowl with seasoned flour.
- Carefully place the chicken thighs into the hot peanut oil.
- Cook each side for no more than five minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken thighs to a wire rack to drain excess oil.
- Clear juice should flow out of the cooked chicken thighs when poked with a knife.
- If not, place the thighs on a baking sheet and bake till they reach a temperature of 165 degrees F (this should be measured using a meat thermometer)