.What’s the one food that connects and delights people all year round?
Stop guessing; it’s soup.
Shoneys cabbage soup has been a star in my home for the longest.
I keep trying different soups, but this one somehow makes it back to the top.
This is why I love this soup:
There are boatloads of recipes out there for the soup, but Shoneys cabbage soup takes the cup.
If you’re looking for iconic comfort food that will cancel the cold, chilly weather, this soup will quickly become your favorite.
If you’re working on your diet and not a fan of the portion control life or looking to try something different, you’re in luck.
1. Shoneys cabbage soup is suitable for anyone looking to add something new to their diet.
2. This soup is excellent for obese people under the close supervision of a physician.
The soup has a meager calorie count, meaning it’s unlikely to reach 1,000 calories per day.
3. If you’re on a weight-loss journey, cabbage soup comes highly recommended.
You may need to make permanent lifestyle changes for it to be sustainable.
Most of these ingredients will cost you less than a cup of coffee for a nice portion.
1. Chop the tomatoes and reserve the juice.
2. Brown your beef together with the onions and drain off the fat.
3. Add the beef broth, tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, beans, and tomato paste if you like.
4. Pour in the cabbage and cook until tender- season with salt and pepper to your liking.
5. Cook for at least 30 minutes, then serve.
The good news about Shoneys cabbage soup is that it’s a culinary delight and a powerhouse of health benefits.
Adding the soup to your diet with cabbage containing virtually no calories is a great idea.
Shoneys was founded in 1947 by Alex Schoenbaum in Charleston, West Virginia.
Later in 1952, Shoneys became a licensee of the Big Boy chain of restaurants.
Three years later, they changed the name back to Shoneys with numerous sub franchising following.
Thirty years later, Shoney’sShoney’s dropped its affiliation with Big Boy restaurants.
David Davoudpour later bought Shoneys in 2006 through Royal Hospitality Corporation in Atlanta.
Today, Shoney’sShoney’s has become an All-American kitchen found in 17 states.
1. If you’re trying to go down one size without constantly worrying about portion control, Shoneys cabbage soup is your safest bet.
Cabbage soup is a filling food that reduces overindulgence.
2. You can make a big batch of the soup and keep it in an airtight container in your refrigerator for five days.
3. Cabbage soup is an all-weather, any time meal.
You can have it for breakfast, dinner, winter, anytime is perfect for a bowl of soup.
4. Shoneys is a community-focused restaurant that focuses on actively supporting local programs.
This includes providing scholarships, career guidance, support for local police, and much more.
5. For a sustainable weight loss program, you need to make cabbage soup and adjust your lifestyle.
6. Shoneys is family-friendly with a Southern hospitality establishment that ensures all their guests come first.
7. Shoneys offers quality, delicious food and warm, friendly service with a twist to impress on every visit.
Q: Why is the cabbage soup diet effective?
A: Cabbage is a vegetable that is very low on calories.
This means that cabbage soup is excellent for someone who likes to watch their weight without worrying about the portions.
This soup is also rich in fiber which is great for your bowel health.
Q: How is the Shoneys breakfast menu?
A: Shoneys breakfast buffet is the best.
Especially for people with kids, the price is ten cents times their age.
This is a godsend, mainly for the struggling parents.
Q. What’s healthy at Shoneys?
A: There are healthier picks at Shoneys, such as steamed veggies, cabbage soup, salmon, and fresh fruit.
Aside from the classics like country-fried steaks and chicken strips, Shoneys has started focusing on fresh, not frozen foods.
Shoneys cabbage soup is a hearty comfort meal that brings a smile to everyone.
Nothing beats a quick fix that’s not only healthy but also rich in flavor and easy on the pocket.
No gathering will ever be complete without this soup once you try it.
Why Shoneys Cabbage Soup Is the Most Delightful, Healthy Meal
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 cans beef broth
- 1 can kidney beans
- ½ medium size chopped cabbage
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chop the tomatoes and reserve the juice.
- Brown your beef together with the onions and drain off the fat.
- Add the beef broth, tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, beans, and tomato paste if you like.
- Pour in the cabbage and cook until tender- season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes, then serve.