This quick and easy chili is a substantial one-dish meal. Serve condiments alongside, such as chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, corn chips, or sour cream. You will need a toaster oven to prepare this.
Chili can be prepared a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated. Reheat, covered, in preheated 375 °F (190 °C) toaster oven for 25 minutes, stirring a few times, until hot.
Canned Beans and Tomatoes
In some supermarkets. small cans (7 1/2oz or 213 mL) of beans and chickpeas are available; if using larger cans, use leftovers in soups or salads. A variety of stewed tomatoes with different seasonings is available; choose your favorite.
Vegetable Bean Chili from a Toaster Oven
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 19-oz can stewed tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 cup canned black beans or chickpeas rinsed drained
- 1 cup tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp oregano leaves dried
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In an 8-cup (2 L) shallow casserole or baking dish, combine garlic, onion, celery, zucchini, red pepper, tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato juice, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered, in preheated 400 °F (200 °С) toaster oven for 35 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 20 minutes, or until celery and zucchini are tender and chili is bubbling. Stir a few times during cooking.
Want a free sample of my latest toaster oven recipe eBook?
Subscribe to get a few pages ❤️