During a visit to Las Vegas, I initially came across Mastro’s Butter Cake. It immediately caught my attention with its unique squared edges, a compact yet airy consistency, and a strong flavor of butter.
No dessert could compare to this one. The cake was a big, buttery rolled in sugar and frosted on top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
This dessert captivated me to such an extent that I recreated my version.
Mastro’s butter cake recipe isn’t the most glamorous dessert, but it’s delicious and simple.
The cake isn’t the only dessert you can make with this recipe – you can use it for any treat you desire.
Mastro’s butter cake recipe is truly something special.
It’s a dessert with almost as many names in the English language as it has recipes, including pound cake, butter cake, and torta di burro.
It sounds simple, but it’s not since it takes real skill to make the perfect butter cake.
Simply tasting it cannot provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the cake.
This butter cake doesn’t fall into those food categories you can objectively analyze and compare.
Mastro’s butter cake recipe is a delicate yellow cake coated in creamy vanilla buttercream and topped with toasted almond slices.
The result is a decadent dessert so rich and flavorful that eating it might feel more satisfying than eating a slab of chocolate cake.
Mastro’s butter cake recipe has the perfect richness and flavor that water your mouth.
Mastro’s is a family-owned restaurant group that made its name by serving the best steaks and seafood in the Valley.
Two decades after it opened, it became a full-service steakhouse chain throughout Phoenix, Scottsdale, Las Vegas, Orlando, Dallas, and Chicago.
Mastro’s butter cake recipe is a tale of love, romance, and baked goods that go back decades.
The restaurant won a nod from Zagat as Best Steakhouse in 2012, and its butter cake remains one of its most iconic desserts.
It is a perfect dessert that features a creamy cake layer, buttery pastry cream, and thick whipped cream during any meal.
Fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, and seared cut-up meringue adorn this dessert.
The restaurant’s first recipe is still the only one they use today due to its overwhelming popularity with a careful eye on quality, consistency, and taste.
Each Mastro’s kitchen prepares the butter cake fresh every day, so it is the most popular on the menu.
They preserve the experience of soft and warm butter cake that spans generations of flavors.
Who doesn’t wish that they could make homemade Mastro’s?
The trick is in learning the technique behind each step.
Once you have this down, you can make this cake repeatedly in no time at all.
Here’s Mastro’s butter cake recipe.
The Mastro’s butter cake recipe is one of the best desserts.
The flavor is outstanding, with a light texture and delicate crumb.
This recipe is for you when you’re craving a light and delicate butter cake that only takes minutes to whip together and yields a high rise.
Here are some tips for an outstanding experience:
Mastro’s butter cake recipe is so good that you will want to save some for later.
While butter cake will remain good for about five days after being in the fridge, proper storage is vital so that the cake will last longer.
Treat a freshly baked butter cake gently and keep it covered for best results.
Protect it with aluminum foil, touching the cake directly.
It will prevent this dessert from drying out, and the condensation that could form in the fridge won’t make the cake soggy.
Place freshly-baked Mastro’s butter cake recipe in the refrigerator if you intend to store it for longer than two days.
Always refrigerate cake that contains dairy or egg products to prevent bacterial growth, foodborne illnesses, and foodborne pathogens.
Enjoy your cake any time of the year, even if you are not celebrating a birthday.
Freeze an entire Mastro’s butter cake recipe, regardless of its size. Butter cake freezes well, lasting for up to 6 months when frozen.
Remove from the wrapper and set on a plate in the fridge to defrost.
Allow two days to thaw.
All in all, Mastro’s butter cake recipe is an excellent addition to your dessert recipe book.
Enjoy a cake with the perfect balance of light and rich whenever chocolate cravings strike.
The recipe is also straightforward, so you can’t go wrong.
Everyone at home will enjoy eating this delicious cake.
Mastro’s Butter Cake Recipe
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter Flavor
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla bean paste
- 3 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 1 Ice cream
- 1 Raspberries
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then rub each ramekin inside and out with Crisco (1/2 cups). Make sure to coat the bottom and top edges and rub them well.
- Add the turbinado sugar to each ramekin, making sure it coats every surface, including the bottom.
- After shaking out excess sugar, put into the next buttered ramekin. Continue this process with the remaining ramekins.
- Combine Crisco and sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Use a paddle attachment on your mixer to cream together the butter and sugar.
- Then, begin adding the eggs one at a time. Mix until it’s light in color and thick.
- After adding the eggs, turn your mixer down to low speed.
- Separately, combine milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine salt and baking powder. Mix until creamy, and then slowly add in the flour while mixing. If flour streaks are visible throughout the mixture, adding the liquid ingredients next will correct the flour streaks in the cake mixture.
- By alternating between flour mixtures and milk mixtures, add to the Crisco mixture in small batches. Begin and end with flour during this process. After adding all of the flour, mix until fully incorporated, and then pour into a buttered pan.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the bowl’s sides. Avoid overmixing.
- Don’t fill the ramekins more than 3/4 full.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes. The baking time may take longer than you think, so please start checking on your cake after 25 minutes. Also, use a timer as the key to Mastro’s butter cake recipe is to bake for 35 minutes. There will be some gooeyness in the middle, but that’s on purpose.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles and serve right away!