Chicken tenders are likely the type of food you will never grow weary of. No matter if I’ve consumed chicken every single day of the week and desire nothing more of it, I can always enjoy some quality chicken tenders! They are simply elevated to a different level when prepared in an air fryer.
As always, you can skip the sauce if you want to go vanilla!
5 Simple Cooking Tips for Most Delicious Chicken Tenders
- Pat the chicken dry using a paper towel to remove moisture.
- Place breaded chicken on a baking sheet until you are ready to place them into the air fryer.
- Cook in bathes if needed. Arrange chicken in one layer leaving enough room between each strip.
- When all the batches are done, you can reheat them by adding all of them together back to the air fryer and heating them for an additional few minutes.
- Storage chicken tenders in the refrigerator and use them later in salads, sandwiches or wraps.
Air Fryer Homemade Buffalo Chicken Tenders
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- To prepare the buffalo sauce, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 º F (200 º C).
- On a cutting board cut chicken breasts into 1 inch thick strips.
- Pour ¾ half of buffalo sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour panko crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken tender first in the buffalo sauce and then cover evenly with panko crumbs.
- Place chicken tenders in the preheated air fryer basket. Spray with oil and cook for about 10 minutes. Halfway through cooking, flip the chicken over to brown the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer basket and toss in the remaining buffalo sauce. Serve and enjoy!