Chicken tenders are perhaps the meal you can never get tired of. Even when I’ve had chicken every day of the week and want nothing to do with it, I can still go for some good chicken tenders! Air frying just brings these to a whole new level.
As always, you can skip the sauce if you want to go vanilla!
5 Simple Cooking Tips for Most Delicious Chicken Tenders
- Pat the chicken dry using a paper towel to remove moisture.
- Place breaded chicken on a baking sheet until you are ready to place them into the air fryer.
- Cook in bathes if needed. Arrange chicken in one layer leaving enough room between each strip.
- When all the batches are done, you can reheat them by adding all of them together back to the air fryer and heating them for an additional few minutes.
- Storage chicken tenders in the refrigerator and use them later in salads, sandwiches or wraps.
Air Fryer Homemade Buffalo Chicken Tenders
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- To prepare the buffalo sauce, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 º F (200 º C).
- On a cutting board cut chicken breasts into 1 inch thick strips.
- Pour ¾ half of buffalo sauce in a small bowl.
- Pour panko crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip each chicken tender first in the buffalo sauce and then cover evenly with panko crumbs.
- Place chicken tenders in the preheated air fryer basket. Spray with oil and cook for about 10 minutes. Halfway through cooking, flip the chicken over to brown the other side.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer basket and toss in the remaining buffalo sauce. Serve and enjoy!