Air fryers were made for fries. This recipe uses the same process that can be used for regular french fries.
5 Tips for Perfect Fries
- Remember to cut the sweet potato strips as even as you can! This will ensure even cooking time and crispiness.
- Cook the fries in a few batches and arrange them in a single layer in the air fry basket.
- For best results, use canola or avocado oil.
- Cooking time depends on you! The longer you cook the fries, the crispier they’ll be. Just be careful not to burn them.
- These sweet potato fries make a great side dish, but also a delicious snack served only with the BBQ dip.
Air Fried Sweet Potato Fries With Barbecue Dip
Air friers were made for fries. This recipe uses the same process that can be used for regular french fries.
For the Fries:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F (200° C).
- Add sweet potato strips to a large bowl and mix with salt, garlic powder, black pepper and paprika. Add in the oil and toss well to coat evenly.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes in 2-3 batches, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
- To make BBQ dip, whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until it begins to bubble and then reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the fries from the air fryer, transfer to a plate and serve with the dip!
Calories: 396kcalCarbohydrates: 94gProtein: 8gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2156mgPotassium: 1908mgFiber: 11gSugar: 49gVitamin A: 33938IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 142mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!