Don’t you miss that mouth-watering, slightly tangy, yet sweet taste of a Sweet Potato Queen?
We do, too, so we’ve shared some of our favorite recipes.
From appetizers to desserts, we’ve got you covered.
Before that, let’s start with a quick lesson on making the perfect sweet potato.
The most important part of making a great sweet potato dish is to start with the right potatoes.
When picking out your sweet potatoes, look for firm ones with smooth, unblemished skin.
Avoid soft potatoes or have bruises, as they will not hold up as well during cooking.
Once you’ve got your perfect sweet potatoes, it’s time to cook.
Course: Side dish
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 35-40 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people
- 5 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
3. Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet.
4. Melt the margarine and pour it over the sweet potatoes, using as much or as little as you’d like.
5. Next, sprinkle the brown sugar over the potatoes.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
7. Remove from oven and top with mini marshmallows. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these recipes! If you have any of your own, share them with us.
We love trying new things, and we’re always looking for ways to spruce up our menu.
Maybe your recipe will be the next big hit at the Sweet Potato Queen.
With these recipes, We’ve also got the perfect appetizer.
Our selection of starters is sure to please everyone at your table.
Plus, our dessert menu will satisfy your cravings.
Whatever your mood, we’ve got you covered.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes: Start your meal off right with these delicious pancakes. Made with real sweet potatoes, they will please everyone at the table.
- Sweet Potato Fries: A crowd favorite, these crispy fries are the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Serve them up with dipping sauces or ketchup for an extra special treat.
- Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – These sweet potatoes are the perfect appetizer or main dish. They’re sure to be a hit with everyone and filled with ground beef, cheese, and favorite taco toppings.
- Sweet Potato Skin Nachos – These nachos are a fun twist on traditional nachos, using sweet potato skins in place of tortilla chips. They’re loaded with all your favorite toppings, including cheese, ground beef, sour cream, etc.
- Sweet Potato Chili: This hearty chili is packed with flavor and will warm you up on a cold day. Top it off with shredded cheese and sour cream for the ultimate comfort food.
- Sweet Potato Enchiladas: These enchiladas are a unique twist on the classic dish. They will be a hit at your next dinner party, filled with sweet potatoes and with a flavorful sauce.
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie – This shepherd’s pie is a hearty and comforting main dish, perfect for a winter night. It’s made with ground beef, vegetables, and plenty of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Sweet Potato Pizza – This pizza is a unique and delicious way to enjoy sweet potatoes. The dough is made with sweet potato puree, and it’s topped with a variety of toppings, including sausage, peppers, onions, and more.
- Sweet Potato Pie: This classic dessert is always a hit. Made with a flaky crust and a creamy filling, it’s the perfect way to end any meal.
- Sweet Potato Cake: Try this cake if you’re looking for something different. Moist and flavorful, it’s a perfect alternative to the traditional birthday cake.
- Sweet Potato Brownies – These brownies are made with sweet potato puree, giving them a rich and fudgy texture. They’re perfect for satisfying your chocolate craving.
- Sweet Potato Cookies are soft, chewy, and subtly sweet. They’re made with whole wheat flour, oats, and sweet potatoes.
These are just a few of our favorite Sweet Potato Queen recipes.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
What can I do with a lot of sweet potatoes?
There are many things you can do with a lot of sweet potatoes.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Make sweet potato fries
- Bake sweet potatoes and top with brown sugar and marshmallows
- Roast sweet potatoes and serve with grilled chicken or shrimp
- Puree sweet potatoes and use them as a base for soup or stew
- Make sweet potato pie or casserole
- Mash sweet potatoes and use them as a stuffing for chicken or pork
The possibilities are endless!
So get creative and enjoy your sweet potatoes.
What are the health benefits of sweet potatoes?
Health is always important, and there are many benefits to adding sweet potatoes to your diet!
To cover a few, sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber which can help with digestion and regularity.
Here are some other benefits:
1. They’re Nutrient Dense: Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and biotin.
2. They Support Heart Health: The fiber, potassium, and vitamin C content in sweet potatoes all support heart health by helping to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
3. They’re Anti-Inflammatory: The Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and magnesium in sweet potatoes all have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
4. They Boost Immunity: The high Vitamin C content in sweet potatoes helps boost immunity, making them a great food to eat during cold and flu season!
5. They’re Good for Your Skin: The beta-carotene in sweet potatoes is converted into Vitamin A in the body, essential for healthy skin. Vitamin A helps protect the skin from damage and can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
6. They Promote Gut Health: The fiber in sweet potatoes helps to promote gut health by keeping things moving along and preventing constipation. The antioxidants can also help reduce inflammation in the gut, beneficial for those with inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
7. They May Help Prevent Cancer: The antioxidants in sweet potatoes may help protect cells from damage and prevent cancer development.
8. They’re Low on the Glycemic Index: Sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index, meaning they don’t cause spikes in blood sugar levels. This is beneficial for those with diabetes or trying to manage their weight.
Sweet potatoes are a great addition to any diet, and they offer many health benefits!
Be sure to include them in your next meal!
Sweet Potato Queens Recipes
- 5 sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 stick margarine melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Melt the margarine and pour it over the sweet potatoes, using as much or as little as you’d like.
- Next, sprinkle the brown sugar over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven and top with mini marshmallows. Serve and enjoy!
- 25 Easy Cool Whip Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Easy Chuck Steak Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Simple Camping Breakfast Ideas - February 24, 2023