It’s time to throw away the barbecue rulebook that insists on serving grilled chicken at every outdoor gathering.
Add some sass and lasting memory to your next one.
This Pit Boss pulled pork will leave your guests begging for more.
It is smoky, easy to shred, and succulent, perfect for both children and adults.
The secret to its caramelized flavor is in slow cooking: there’s no hurry with pork preparation.
If you are on a low-carb diet, this is a perfect fit.
An injectable marinade is a must, it ensures a uniform taste while the apple juice provides a unique caramelized flavor.
You can smoke pulled pork over wood, use a domestic oven, or a pressure cooker.
While they all provide even heat distribution, a Pit Boss is perfect for a slow, outdoor cooking.
The Perfect Parts to buy for Pulled Pork
Tough, big chunks work best because of the connective tissues which prevent the meat from drying out.
Try one of these three cuts for that perfect pulled pork;
Injectable Marinade Recipe
While other outdoor chefs oppose the idea of injectable marinade, I recommend it because it adds flavor and ensures the pork doesn’t dry out..
½ cup of apple juice
A cup of apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of mustard
4 tablespoons of spice rub
2 tablespoons of salt
You can enjoy pulled pork with these side dishes:
Proper storage of Pit Boss pulled pork improves taste and quality when it’s served.
Due to its versatility, pulled pork can be stored to be served as a leftover dish, frozen or refrigerated.
Even if refrigerated or frozen, pulled pork can be reheated evenly when it’s time to be served.
1. Storing to Serve as a Leftover
If you want your pulled pork to be fresh and tasty when you pull it out to serve as a leftover, there are a few tips to keep at the back of your mind;
This method is recommended for storage between 1-3 days.
Freezing pulled pork helps to preserve it beyond day four.
.Health Benefits of Pit Boss Pulled Pork
You are now equipped with all the information you need to create a lasting memory at that upcoming outdoor gathering with your friends and family.
You will never go wrong with this magical, tasteful Pit Boss pulled pork.
With this, you are going to be the excellent host that leaves visitors licking from their fingers.
Also, Due to its soft, flavorful, and juicy recipe, Slow Cooker pulled pork is perfect ou can do it easily.
That Perfect Pit Boss Pulled Pork
- Whisk the injectable marinade and inject it into the pulled pork.
- Wipe out all spillage using kitchen towels.
- Using a plastic wrap, wrap and refrigerate it for about 12 hours.
- Unwrap and apply some layer of mustard on its surface.
- Season using SPG barbecue rub
- Coat using Honey barbecue rub and leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your Pit Boss grill up to 220 degrees F.
- Put the pork on the grill and cover it.
- Let it cook for 4 hours until the internal temperature gets to 160 degrees F.
- Remove and put it on the aluminum pan
- Raise the heat to 270 degrees F
- Add ⅓ cup of apple juice to the aluminum pan
- Wrap the pan with aluminum foil and put it back on the grill.
- When the internal temperature hits 190-205 degrees F, your pulled pork is ready.
- Remove your pork and let it rest for about 40 minutes.
- Unwrap your pork and drain the excess juice from the pan and leave it aside for later.
- Gently remove the bone and fats from the pork.
- Break the meat slowly and pull the pork using your hands or fork.
- Add the excess juice to the pork and serve.