Don’t you love dinners that you can make with chicken breasts?
The options are endless! You can make them baked, grilled, sautéed… and the list goes on.
One of my personal favorites is chicken piccata.
It’s a light and refreshing dish, perfect for a summer night.
The great thing about chicken piccata is that it’s a dish that can be made relatively quickly and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
It would be best if you had some chicken breasts, a few lemons, capers, butter, and white wine.
If you want to try making chicken piccata, I’ve included a recipe below.
This particular recipe is from The Cheesecake Factory.
And in case you were wondering, yes, it’s just as delicious as it sounds.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- Salt, pepper, and flour (for dredging)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Portobello mushrooms
- Heavy cream
- Fresh parsley
- Angel hair or other pasta for serving
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and flour.
Dredge in flour so that it’s coated and set aside.
3) Heat some olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
4) Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes per side until they’re golden brown.
5) Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
6) To the same skillet, add lemon juice, chicken broth, butter, and white wine.
7) Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
8) Add the mushrooms, capers, heavy cream, and parsley.
Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
9) Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.
10) Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked through.
11) Serve over angel hair pasta or your favorite type of pasta.
What makes this Chicken Piccata recipe so good?
We start with a tender, juicy chicken breast dredged in seasoned flour and pan-fried to perfection.
Then, we top it with a tangy lemon butter sauce and serve it over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes.
It’s an easy yet elegant dish that will please any crowd!
Look no further than this Chicken Piccata recipe if you’re looking for an impressive dish to make for dinner tonight.
It’s one of our all-time favorites and is always a hit with family and friends.
We know you’ll love it too!
What are the Health Benefits of Chicken Piccata?
This dish is relatively healthy, especially when compared to other chicken recipes.
For instance, a typical chicken Parmesan dish can have over 1,000 calories and 50 grams of fat.
This Chicken Piccata recipe has only 500 calories and 25 grams of fat.
This dish is also a good source of lean protein.
Chicken is a slice of lean meat, meaning it has little fat.
In addition, chicken is also a good source of niacin, selenium, and vitamins B6 and B12.
All of these nutrients are essential for a healthy body and mind.
So this dish is relatively low in calories and fat, but it is also packed with nutrients essential for a healthy body.
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy option, Chicken Piccata is the way!
How much chicken should you use?
This depends on how many people you’re serving.
You’ll need two boneless, skinless chicken breasts if you’re making chicken piccata for four people.
You can use three chicken breasts if you’re serving a larger group.
What type of cheese should you use?
You can use any cheese that you like.
We recommend using shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
What type of pasta should you use?
We recommend using a long, thin pasta such as spaghetti or fettuccine.
You can also use angel hair pasta.
Is there a particular way to prepare the chicken?
Yes, the chicken should be thinly sliced.
This will help it cook evenly and prevent it from drying out.
What type of sauce should you use?
You can use any sauce that you like.
We recommend using a light, creamy sauce such as Alfredo or a tomato-based sauce such as marinara.
Can you make chicken piccata ahead of time?
Yes, you can make chicken piccata ahead of time.
Prepare the dish up to the point where you would add the sauce.
Cover and refrigerate the chicken until you’re ready to serve it.
When ready to eat, reheat the chicken and add the sauce.
What should you serve with chicken piccata?
We recommend serving chicken piccata with a side of steamed vegetables or a simple salad.
You can also serve it over a bed of pasta.
Alternatives in making the Piccata Sauce recipe
If you want to make a healthier version of the sauce, you can use olive oil instead of butter.
You can also add some garlic or shallots for additional flavor.
If you want a thinner sauce, you can add some chicken broth or white wine.
If you want a thicker sauce, you can add some flour or cornstarch.
Finally, if you want a spicier sauce, you can add some red pepper flakes.
What is the best wine to use in Chicken Piccata?
Many types of wines can be used in chicken piccata, but the best type of wine to use is white wine.
This will help bring out the flavors of the lemon and capers in the dish.
Try using a dry white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay.
Avoid using sweet wine, as it will make the dish too sweet.
What can be used instead of capers in Chicken Piccata?
If you cannot find capers or do not like their taste, you can use green olives instead.
Make sure to pit the olives before adding them to the dish.
What is the best pasta to serve with Chicken Piccata?
The best pasta to serve with Chicken Piccata is light and fluffy pasta, like Angel Hair Pasta.
This will help soak up the sauce and keep the dish light and flavorful.
What is the best cheese to use in Chicken Piccata?
The best cheese to use in Chicken Piccata is fresh and creamy mozzarella.
This will help balance out the acidity of the sauce and add a touch of creaminess to the dish.
Chicken Piccata Cheesecake Factory
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and flour.
- Dredge in flour so that it’s coated and set aside.
- Heat some olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes per side until they’re golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- To the same skillet, add lemon juice, chicken broth, butter, and white wine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the mushrooms, capers, heavy cream, and parsley.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Serve over angel hair pasta or your favorite type of pasta.