When it comes to finding a good recipe, the internet is full of options.
But when it comes to finding a great recipe that’s both delicious and healthy, it can be a little more difficult.
We’re so excited to share this broccoli salad recipe with you.
It is full of healthy ingredients, but it’s also full of flavor.
This salad is the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck or picnic, and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it.
The key to this salad is in the dressing.
The Pioneer Woman uses a yogurt-based dressing, which gives the salad light and refreshing taste.
And because the dressing is made with yogurt, it’s also healthy.
So if you’re looking for a salad that’s both delicious and good for you, this is the one you want to try.
Sunflower seeds are a great addition to this recipe because they are a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins.
They also have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making them a healthy choice for a salad.
Raisins are a vital ingredient in this recipe because they add sweetness and a chewy texture.
They also have a high concentration of sugar, which helps the dough rise.
Cheddar cheese is also an essential ingredient in this recipe because it gives the bread a tangy flavor and a firm texture.
Bacon is the perfect ingredient for this recipe because it adds a salty, crispy crunch that pairs perfectly with the creamy, cheesy sauce.
It also helps to add some healthy protein to the dish.
The broccoli is an excellent addition to this recipe because it helps thicken the sauce and gives it a slight bitterness that offsets the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Additionally, broccoli is high in Vitamins C and K, essential for a healthy immune system.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by cooking your bacon until it’s nice and crispy.
2. Then, chop up your broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
3. Mix the cheddar cheese, raisins, sunflower seeds, and bacon in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, honey, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything until evenly coated.
6. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.
Yield: 4 servings.
There are approximately 200 calories in this recipe.
The exact number of calories will vary depending on the ingredients used.
This recipe contains approximately 15 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of fat, and 7 grams of protein.
1. If you don’t have cheddar cheese on hand, you can use any other type of cheese.
Swiss, mozzarella, and provolone would all be good choices.
2. If you don’t have bacon, you can substitute Canadian bacon or ham.
3. If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you can leave out the bacon and use sunflower oil instead of butter.
4. If you don’t have yogurt, you can use mayonnaise or sour cream in its place.
5. If you’re looking for a lower-calorie option, you can use unsweetened applesauce in place of the honey.
This salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
It’s best to consume it within the first 1-2 days for optimal flavor and texture.
We hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy broccoli salad recipe.
Let us know what you think in the comments below if you make it.
We can’t wait to see how it turns out!
Do you have to cook broccoli for broccoli salad?
No, you don’t have to cook broccoli for broccoli salad.
You can eat it raw or cook it briefly.
If you’re using raw broccoli, make sure to cut it into small pieces, so it’s easy to eat.
If you’re cooking the broccoli, blanch it in boiling water for a minute or two until it’s tender but crisp.
Drain it well and let it cool before adding it to the salad.
Can I use miracle whip instead of mayonnaise in the dressing?
Yes, you can use a miracle whip instead of mayonnaise in the dressing.
Miracle Whip is a little sweeter than mayonnaise, so you may want to add a little less sugar to the dressing if you’re using it.
You could also try using half miracle whip and half sour cream for a tangier dressing.
How do you store Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad?
Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad will last in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
Ensure to store it in an airtight container, so it doesn’t dry out.
You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
How long can Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad be left out at room temperature?
Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad can be left out at room temperature for 2 hours.
After that, it should be refrigerated to prevent the dressing from going bad.
Can you eat raw broccoli?
Yes, you can eat raw broccoli. It’s a good source of vitamins and minerals, and it’s crunchy and refreshing.
Just make sure to cut it into small pieces, so it’s easy to eat.
You can also cook it briefly if you prefer.
Blanching it in boiling water for a minute or two will soften it up without making it mushy.
Can I substitute the sugar?
Yes, you can substitute the sugar in this recipe.
You could try using honey or agave nectar instead.
Or, if you’re looking for a lower-sugar option, you could omit the sugar altogether.
The salad will still be delicious!
I don’t have raisins. Can I use something else?
If you don’t have raisins, you can use another dried fruit like cranberries or cherries.
Or, you could try chopped fresh fruit like apples or grapes.
Do I have to use bacon?
No, you don’t have to use bacon in this recipe.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you could omit the bacon and add an extra half cup of chopped nuts.
Or, you could use veggie bacon or turkey bacon.
What Dressing Goes on Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad?
The dressing for this salad is a combination of mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and bacon.
You can use any vinegar you like, but white vinegar or apple cider vinegar is good.
If you don’t have bacon, you could use veggie bacon or turkey bacon.
Can I use broccoli stems in Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad?
Yes, you can use broccoli stems in Pioneer Woman Broccoli Salad.
Just make sure to chop them into small pieces, so they’re easy to eat.
You can also cook them briefly if you prefer.
Blanching them in boiling water for a minute or two will soften them up without making them mushy.
What is the best way to chop broccoli for this salad?
The best way to chop broccoli for this salad is to cut it into small pieces.
This will make it easier to eat, and it will also help the broccoli absorb the dressing better.
If you’re using raw broccoli, you can also cook it briefly to soften it up.
Just blanch it in boiling water for a minute or two.
Is this salad gluten-free?
Yes, this salad is gluten-free.
Just make sure to use gluten-free mayonnaise and vinegar.
You can also use bacon that is labeled gluten-free.
Broccoli Salad: The Pioneer Woman’s Secret Recipe
- 1 cutting board
- 1 Pan
- 1 head broccoli chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese caesar cheese
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 slices bacon
- Start by cooking your bacon until it’s nice and crispy.
- Then, chop up your broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the cheddar cheese, raisins, sunflower seeds, and bacon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, honey, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.
- 25 Easy Cool Whip Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Easy Chuck Steak Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Simple Camping Breakfast Ideas - February 24, 2023