The best deal you can get as a foodie is eating a cheese-filled chicken breast meal without having to worry about your health.
For me, it’s the smell of frying chicken and mushrooms in butter and cheese that brings a calming and homey feeling to my nerves.
Interestingly, it takes only 30 minutes to prepare and cook the Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse, convenient, right?
●Time-saving: Only 30 minutes total cooking time.
●Authenticity: You get the Texas farm feel right in your kitchen. The combination of chicken, cheese, and mushroom.
●Health check: It contains 50g proteins and 300 calories, perfect if you’re on a diet.
●Taste: Fresh, marinated, and grilled to perfection.
The making of Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse
Matter of factly, this Portobello mushroom recipe is easy to make, healthy, and perfectly fit for any season.
The flavors are intense and will bliss your taste buds if perfectly combined.
Although butter is used, its fat combination is low, perfect for those foodies who want to lose weight.
You can easily source the ingredients at your nearest grocery store and the amount depends on the people you’re serving and their taste.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the preparation of this delicacy.
Portobello mushroom sauce
●6 oz mushroom soup (condensed)
●8 ounces finely chopped Portobello mushroom
●1 cup Soybean oil/butter
●1 cup water + 2 quarts
●1 cup fine flour
●1 teaspoon white pepper
●2 tablespoon granulated garlic
●1 tablespoon granulated sugar
●1 teaspoon granulated salt
Preparation Method: Portobello mushroom Sauce
●Step 1: Mix mushroom soup with water in a container and set aside.
●Step 2: Heat the soybean oil at a low flame for about 1 minute in a skillet.
●Step 3: Add the finely sliced Portobello mushroom into the skillet with oil and stir constantly. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
●Step 4: Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Do not brown.
●Step 5: Add water and the mushroom soup mixture. Whisk until it reaches a soft boil. Continue to cook the mixture for about 3 minutes.
●Step 6: Stir in the seasonings: garlic, pepper, salt and sugar until the mixture is perfectly mixed.
Portobello mushroom Chicken
●Boneless chicken breasts.
●Monterey jack cheese, sliced.
●Portobello mushroom sauce (the above recipe).
●8 oz Portobello mushrooms, sautéed.
●2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated.
●Finely chopped parsley
Preparation Method: Portobello mushroom chicken
●Step 1: Grill the boneless chicken after coating it with oil on both sides.
●Step 2: on a baking tray, place the grilled chicken, cover each chicken breast piece with a slice of Monterey jack cheese. Heat until the cheese melts into the breast pieces.
●Step 3: Ladle the Portobello Mushroom Sauce over the chicken (previously prepared)
●Step 4: Garnish with sautéed Portobello mushrooms, freshly chopped parsley and the grated parmesan cheese.
Enjoy the delicacy while hot.
The best way to enjoy the Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse is to serve with mashed potatoes and cheese.
You can also alternate with bread and pasta if you cook it quite often.
In most cases, it’s served as the main dish.
You get calcium, protein, minerals and vitamins in one serving.
The good news is, the Portobello mushroom chicken is diet-friendly.
It’s protein-based combining 50g proteins and 300 calories.
Nutritional breakdown for 1 serving:
●15g Saturated fat
Tips to perfect the Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse
Cooking the Portobello Mushroom chicken breasts is a simple task from our previous preparation.
However, to attain the best flavors and get that Texas Roadhouse feel, here are a few tips to help.
● Try using lots of cheese than soybean oil. Both work perfectly, but the cheese penetrates the chicken better and brings out the desired flavors.
● Use boneless chicken breasts. You need the ingredients to get deep into the chicken to enhance all the flavors and get tasty food.
● Avoid the oven, preferably use the stove and a skillet. Good cooking requires time. Cooking over low heat gives the ingredient ample time to combine well with the chicken, which enhances the dish’s flavor.
Everything you should know about Portobello Mushrooms
Mushrooms are healthy as they contain fiber, antioxidants and are rich in proteins.
Portobello mushrooms in this case are immune boosters, low in carbs and can be a great substitute for meat.
Picking the best
Fresh mushrooms should be dry without spots, always ensure you buy fresh ones as they taste better.
They should be, large and full (plump) Portobello mushrooms to serve you right while making this meal.
Pick those with exposed gills as they will enrich the flavor.
Mushrooms can be tricky at times.
So, pick those that your family likes, still you’re free to explore.
Notably, you can eat the stems of a Portobello mushroom.
If not, they enhance a thick flavored stock.
Likewise, scrape off the black grill to avoid murky food.
Don’t forget to clean them well.
Due to the nature of our ingredients, especially mushrooms, you should know these few tips.
●Store the mushrooms in a porous paper bag or their original packaging in a refrigerator for up to a week before cooking them.
●Avoid storing them in a plastic container as this will hasten their spoilage.
●Sautéed mushrooms can be frozen and stored for up to a month but freezing fresh mushrooms makes them mushy over time.
Texas Roadhouse Portobello mushroom chicken is simple to prepare, and it’s tasty; your family will love it.
Besides being a cheesy-filled meal, its nutritional combination serves your health well.
The farm-feel, health benefits and its preparation should encourage you to mimic this delicious meal in your kitchen.
Texas Roadhouseː Cheesy and healthy Portobello Mushroom Chicken
- 1 bowl
- 6 oz mushroom soup
- 8 ounces Portobello mushroom
- 1 cup Soybean oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Monterey jack cheese sliced.
- 8 oz Portobello mushrooms sautéed.
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese grated.
- 1 parsley
- Mix mushroom soup with water in a container and set aside.
- Heat the soybean oil at a low flame for about 1 minute in a skillet.
- Add the finely sliced Portobello mushroom into the skillet with oil and stir constantly. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add water and the mushroom soup mixture. Whisk until it reaches a soft boil. Continue to cook the mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the seasonings: garlic, pepper, salt and sugar until the mixture is perfectly mixed.
- Grill the boneless chicken after coating it with oil on both sides.
- on a baking tray, place the grilled chicken, cover each chicken breast piece with a slice of Monterey jack cheese. Heat until the cheese melts into the breast pieces.
- Ladle the Portobello Mushroom Sauce over the chicken (previously prepared)
- Garnish with sautéed Portobello mushrooms, freshly chopped parsley and the grated parmesan cheese.