Chicken Parm Sandwich
This is my favorite chicken parm sandwich. You will need a skillet for the chicken parmesan, and a toaster oven (or regular oven) for the sandwich.
For chicken parmesan:
For the sandwich:
- 2 subs split
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup marinara or other meatless pasta sauce warmed
Make chicken parmesan:
- Place flour and egg in two separate shallow bowls.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a Ziplock bag and shake to mix well. Then transfer to a separate shallow bowl.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes per side.
Assemble the sandwich:
- Turn the broiler to high and place the sub cut-side-up on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Cook until well browned and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Set the top bun aside. Spread bottom bun with 1/3 of the sauce and top with chicken breast. Then top the chicken with the rest 2/3 of the sauce and the cheese. Return to broiler and cook until cheese is fully melted and starting to bubble and brown.
- Remove from oven and close the sandwich with top bun immediately. Press firmly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 615kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 43gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 1416mgPotassium: 682mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 584IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 289mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!