Normally, people tend to buy microwave popcorn packets from the store when making fresh popcorn at home.
It’s quick and easy, right?.
What if you knew that you could make your popcorn in just 2 minutes in the microwave using only brown paper bags and popcorn kernels?
It sounds insane but if you give it a try you’ll be amazed by the results..
The caramel popcorn which is coated in a sweet layer of caramelized sugar and very similar to kettle corn or carnival corn makes an excellent snack.
It isn’t a surprise that they charge a lot for caramel corn in a can for the holidays or kettle corn at the county fair.
You can make it yourself for such a low price!.
How to microwave caramel corn?.
Although going to the fair and eating cheese curds have their perks, it’s the ease of making it yourself that makes it a no-brainer!.
.Tips for making the Best Caramel Popcorn:.
In what way is caramel corn and kettle corn different?.
A big cast iron pot is used to boil kettle corn, which you can find at the county fair.
Traditionally, it is stirred over an open flame.
While the corn is being agitated and starting to pop, a large..
Is it possible to give it to someone? .
The amount of sugar is added, which melts and caramelizes the corn as it continues to be stirred and pops.
Caramel corn, on the other hand, is made with caramel sauce that has been cooked into the popped corn kernels.
As a result, caramel corn is slightly sweeter and stickier..
The amount of water locked into the dried kernel is crucial for the popcorn to pop into huge fluffy clouds of corn.
So, if your popcorn kernels have been lying on your shelf for a long time, it’s unlikely that they’ll explode perfectly.
Are there any other ways to make the caramel corn taste better?.
.What’s the best way to get it crispy again?.
What if it softens and loses its crunch?
Don’t toss it out!
Simply spread it out on a sheet pan and bake it at 250 degrees for 30 minutes.
Bake it until crispy, stirring every fifteen minutes..
Why Do You Make Caramel With Baking Soda?.
The acid from the brown sugar and corn syrup reacts with the baking soda in the caramel mixture.
The foaming is caused by the formation of small carbon dioxide air bubbles.
The air bubbles inside the caramel give a softer feel once it has cooled on your popcorn!.
You may also acquire your colourful container from the local dollar store or order some treat bags online around the holidays.
This simple microwave caramel popcorn is a delicious homemade food present that everyone will enjoy!.
What Is The Duration Of This Recipe?.
In an airtight container, homemade caramel corn can last up to two weeks.
In excessively arid areas, it can take even longer.
But, if you’re anything like my family, they won’t make it through the night!.
How Do You Bring Stale Popcorn Back To Life?.
As good as it is, this classic snack dates back to the 1890s.
However, using the microwave to cook it is an interesting; concept.
Thanks to whoever thought of it. It greatly simplifies the process of making caramel popcorn.
It takes 15 minutes, requires no clean-up, and does not require a stovetop level of effort.
It only takes a brown paper bag, a bowl, and a microwave!.
It may seem intimidating to make caramel from scratch, but these easy steps will make it easy.
You can make caramel at home using only brown sugar, butter, light corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and baking soda.
Don’t worry about it burning!
If you microwave the ingredients in short intervals, you should have no problem making the dish on your first try.
Best way to microwave caramel corn
- 1 microwave
- Set up a workspace by laying two 3 ft long pieces of parchment paper, slightly overlapping each other.
- Transfer the popcorn to a bowl after it has been popped.
- Take a handful, shake it, and set it aside.
- You may need to use a light touch to ensure that the old maids (unpopped kernels) fall to the bottom.
- The 4 quarts of popcorn should be transferred to a large brown paper grocery bag once you have lifted them from the bowl.
- To make the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt, combine them in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Place in the microwave and heat on high power for 2 minutes.
- Whisk until combined.
- Continue to microwave the butter for an additional 30-60 seconds if it is not completely melted.
- Return to the microwave for 1 minute after stirring.
- By this time, the liquid should be rapidly bubbling.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir thoroughly before returning it to the microwave for another minute. Continue to cook and stir for a total of three minutes.
- Stir add the vanilla and baking soda after removing the bowl from the microwave.
- Stir well until the baking soda is completely dissolved.
- Over the popcorn in the bag, pour the hot mixture.
- To disperse syrup throughout the corn, fold the top of the bag down once and shake, shake, shake.
- Put it for 1 minute in the microwave on high power
- Remove the bag and grasp one of the top and bottom corners.
- Return to the microwave for another minute after shaking well.
- Cooking and shaking should be repeated two more times for a total of four minutes.
- Place the popcorn on the parchment paper that has been prepared.
- At last, sprinkle some flaky sea salt to taste. (To break up the large flakes, pinch your thumb and forefinger together and rub your fingers together.)
- Keep the container sealed.
- The caramel corn can keep for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container.