Recently, we celebrated my brother’s birthday at Strip House, a world-class steakhouse chain.
While contemplating ordering something other than steak, I noticed this Strip House chocolate layer cake.
Since he is a huge chocolate fan, I could not help but order a slice for him.
The cake played on my mind long after tasting it, making me delirious.
I had never encountered a better chocolate cake recipe.
Although I was smitten with it, nothing I ever cooked at home matched its tastes.
Fortunately, it’s no longer a secret that the recipe for Strip House’s legendary cake recipe is now widely available.
The recipe makes a light, fluffy, rich but not too sweet, and pure chocolate decadence.
If you’re looking for something extraordinary, this dessert would be a great choice.
Strip House is a well-known steakhouse located in New York City and has a few branches in other countries.
The restaurant is remarkably famous for its unique recipes, including its Choco-layered cake recipe that weighs 10 pounds.
A classic favorite, Strip House’s layer chocolate cake is pure bliss.
This cake boasts layers of rich mocha-walnut-chocolate flavor, making for the perfect special occasion dessert.
The cake is incredibly delicious and so indulging that you won’t even care that it has 15+ layers.
There’s an extra bite of heaven in every layer, all with different flavors of chocolate icing, tangy white chocolate ganache, and silky smooth decorator’s chocolate.
Strip House’s chocolate layer cake is on the sweet side.
It’s not too rich or dense, leaving you with that perfect creamy texture and light crumb.
A decadent layer of this chocolate cake will please any group, whether inside your restaurant or at home.
Slice after slice will disappear in minutes as you savor the layers of this moist chocolate flavor.
Have you ever eaten a cake that is 100% chocolate?
Strip House’s chocolate cake consists of rich cream cheese frosting layer after layer.
Enjoy the cake as a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without being too heavy.
It’s straightforward and tastes even better than Strip’s House if you have never tried one.
Note: Strip House’s layer chocolate cake recipe calls for four 12-inch cakes, but this recipe makes one 12-inch cake.
This recipe is delicious, though it does require some time and attention.
The effort is well worth it.
Making it for your loved ones and friends will be a memorable experience.
Storing homemade cakes can be a challenge since they often become dry and stale due to exposure to air.
However, Strip House’s layer chocolate cake might keep for an extended period if you store it the right way.
Don’t let the leftovers waste to ensure a delicious slice of Strip House’s layer chocolate cake.
Instead, wrap leftover layers individually in waxed paper and then put them in a plastic zip-top bag to control moisture in the fridge.
Refrigerate the cake, allowing up to three days maximum time.
When you bake a cake, make extra slices to freeze for later.
When you don’t have time to whip up breakfast or dinner on a busy weeknight, take a few minutes to defrost the cake in the microwave oven.
You’ll have enough chocolate decadence to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you have leftover Strip House’s layer chocolate cake, you can also freeze it and enjoy it later.
To freeze: Separate into servings or layers, wrap well prior and label the bag with the date, cake description, and completion status.
Lay flat in the freezer for about an hour before storing upright for maximum space usage.
When ready to use, pull out of the freezer and let thaw on the counter.
Also, keep it overnight in the refrigerator to allow it to thaw.
Slice and serve the cake with any of your favorite frostings or accompaniments.
Prepare this delicious chocolate cake before a special event with friends or family and refrigerate it until needed.
Creating a fine dessert such as Strip House’s layer chocolate cake requires care, precision, and attention to detail.
Here are a few tips that might make your process smoother.
Adding Strip House’s layer of chocolate cake to a dessert plate expresses a love for confectionery desserts.
Whatever you think of it, it’s a tasty and indulgent dessert.
With its crispy meringue, rich chocolate cake, and heavenly chocolate buttercream, this dessert will create the ultimate sweet treat.
This cake is ideal for slinging around the plate and dipping in the puddle of mocha sauce.
When you’re planning your next romantic date or craving something sweet, consider making a Strip House’s layer chocolate cake.
Making Strip House Chocolate Layer Cake
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 5 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- 14 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 3/4 pound Softened butter
- 4 lbs Sugar
- 13 room-temperature whole eggs
- 3/4 pound Cocoa powder
- 1/4 lbs. Cake flour
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2/3 cup Cold coffee
- 5 cup Milk
- 2/3 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and set them aside. Mix the flour with the sugar in a separate bowl and reserve.
- Pour one cup of cold milk over the cornstarch and reserve. Bring 3 cups of milk and cream to a boil in a pot. Be careful not to burn the dairy.
- Whisk the eggs with some milk and vanilla extract, then pour the mixture into the pot.
- Add the flour and sugar slowly to the mixture and stir to dissolve. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the mixture until thick. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate when it is still warm. Chill the custard in ice water after stirring for several minutes. Put it aside until later.
- Prepare the dry ingredients by combining them. Then, pour the milk and coffee over the vanilla extract. Combine these ingredients well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar, and gradually add the eggs. Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients at a slow pace.
- Butter and line two baking sheets with greased pans. Pour cake batter into each pan.
- You’ll need a hot oven of 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your batter in it and bake the cake for 50 minutes. After baking, let the cake cool.
- Make six layers of each cake. Pile up cake layers atop each other with custard in between.
- Put the custard on top and smoothen it out.
- Refrigerate for some time to allow it to set without it feeling too hard, and slice after removing from the refrigerator.