Are you hosting a family dinner and wondering what to cook?
There are a variety of meals to choose from, but copycat Golden Corral meatloaf is a perfect choice for family dinner.
Meatloaf has this delicious savory flavor that makes a perfect meal when you serve it with gravy and crispy roasted potatoes.
This article will share a copycat recipe of Golden Corral meatloaf and more information.
Your family will enjoy this finger-licking meal leaving them full and satisfied. Here is the recipe;
Golden Corral copycat meatloaf recipe
●Grated parmesan cheese
Before you start cooking the meatloaf, here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind for the best results.
●Handle the meatloaf with care; gently mix with your hands, but don’t overdo it.
●Don’t just season with salt and pepper; add more spices like paprika or chili.
●Use milk and eggs to add extra moisture while baking.
●If you don’t like bread crumbs, you can use dried mushrooms or onions as filling.
●Use ketchup mixed with brown sugar to glaze your meatloaf, or try barbecue sauce.
●Leave the meatloaf to rest for at least fifteen minutes before you serve.
●Stuff your meatloaf with ham, cheese, bacon, or boiled eggs.
●You can shape the meatloaf as you wish.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add onions, seasoning, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and beef in a bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl.
4. Pour the eggs and milk mixture into the bowl containing beef.
5. Thoroughly mix gently with your hands.
6. Shape the meat as you like and bake for an hour.
7. Remove your meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
8. Slice the meatloaf, top with ketchup, and serve.
How to freeze cooked corral meatloaf
The good thing about meatloaf is that you can prepare in advance and freeze it for later. You can freeze meatloaf cooked or uncooked.
Follow these instructions on how to freeze and reheat your leftover meatloaf.
1. Let the meatloaf cool completely to protect it from freezer burn.
2. Cut your cooked meatloaf into small portions;this makes it easier to reheat.
3. Wrap each portion with plastic or foil and put it in a ziplock bag.
4. Store your meatloaf in the freezer for up to three months.
5. Remove the portions you want to serve from the freezer, then thaw overnight.
6. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, bake the meatloaf for about 25 minutes, and serve.
Eleven serving suggestions for Golden Corral Meatloaf
1. Lemon cake- enjoy your meatloaf alongside lemon cake; it’s a light side dish that won’t leave you feeling too full.
2. Cornbread- try cornbread dipped in meatloaf gravy. The delicious flavor of meatloaf goes along quite well with sweet cornbread.
3. Mashed potatoes-dip your meatloaf in buttery, creamy mashed potatoes and enjoy the soft, delicious taste.
4. Potato wedges-crispy roasted potato wedges go well with soft meatloaf.
5. Apple pie- throw in a bit of ice cream alongside apple pie after having your meatloaf.
6. Sauteed mushrooms- mushrooms cooked in butter and garlic are a perfect side dish to enjoy with your meatloaf.
7. Coleslaw-complement the taste of meatloaf with coleslaw; it’s a refreshing side dish with its flavor.
8. Rice – fried rice with meatloaf is an excellent blend of flavors.
9. Asparagus -add parmesan and a little lemon while cooking your asparagus. You will enjoy the crunchy taste of asparagus with soft meatloaf.
10. Spinach – creamed spinach is an excellent trick to get kids to eat vegetables. serve spinach alongside meatloaf and enjoy with family.
11. Mushroom soup- creamed mushroom soup has its flavor; use it as gravy and dip meatloaf as you bite.
Health benefits of eating meatloaf
The meat, eggs, and milk used to make Golden Coral meatloaf are an excellent source of minerals like Iron.
This mineral promotes the formation of red blood cells and prevents anemia.
Iron also boosts the distribution of oxygen in the blood cells.
Improved bone health and strength
Eating meatloaf increases your intake of protein which improves bone density.
Protein contains amino acids; this regulates bone metabolism and improves bone strength.
Protein intake reduces the risk of diseases like osteoporosis.
Helps with weight loss
Meatloaf keeps you full and satisfied for a long time.
Eating fewer calories than your body needs leads to weight loss.
Adding more protein to your diet and fewer carbohydrates will help you lose weight faster.
An excellent source of nutrients
Meatloaf is rich in minerals, including Zinc, Selenium, and Iron.
The protein in meat contains zinc, a mineral that helps our bodies fight infections and diseases.
Iron boosts the transfer of oxygen all over the body. Selenium helps your body maintain a healthy metabolism.
Improves brain function
Meatloaf contains protein with amino acids that promotes brain function.
The protein in meatloaf improves your mood and boosts energy levels.
Eating a high protein diet helps you sleep better and wake up in the morning feeling energized.
Frequently asked questions about Golden Corral Meatloaf
Why is my meatloaf falling apart?
Bread crumbs and eggs act as the glue that holds meatloaf together.
Your meatloaf is falling apart because you have not used enough eggs and bread crumbs.
Increase the amount of these ingredients to hold your meatloaf together.
How do I fix mushy meatloaf?
Using too much milk and bread crumbs makes your meatloaf mushy.
The final result of your meatloaf depends on the amount of meat versus milk and breadcrumbs.
You can increase the meat ratio or reduce the milk.
Should I cover the meatloaf while baking?
Cover the meatloaf with aluminum foil and uncover the last 15 minutes.
Covering the meatloaf keeps it moist and soft.
What happens if you overmix meatloaf?
Overworking your meatloaf makes it hard.
Mix the meatloaf with your hands gently until well combined.
Stop mixing once the meat is well combined with the other ingredients.
You will never go wrong with cooking meatloaf for family gatherings.
Make Golden corral meatloaf your signature family meal and enjoy together.
Serve along with a variety of side dishes and some thick gravy.
Copycat Golden Corral Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 oven
- 1 bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add onions, seasoning, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and beef in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs and milk mixture into the bowl containing beef.
- Thoroughly mix gently with your hands.
- Shape the meat as you like and bake for an hour.
- Remove your meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice the meatloaf, top with ketchup, and serve.