You can serve this with crusty bread and a Caesar salad.
Don’t you love those mouth-watering Spaghetti with Sausage that bring fond memories of your childhood?
Well, you don’t have to go out and buy an expensive Italian dish; you can easily make it at home with a few simple ingredients.
Many of us have warm memories of those childhood dinners when mom or dad would cook us our favorite foods.
One of those comfort foods is spaghetti with sausage.
This dish combines spaghetti and Italian sausage, with feta cheese mixed in.
The feta cheese adds a nice creaminess to the dish, while the sausage gives it a bit of a kick.
You can use any type of Italian sausage you like, but I prefer to use a milder variety so that the kids will eat it.
Toaster ovens are great for small spaces and can do more than just toast bread.
They’re ideal for cooking small meals or for reheating leftovers.
And since they heat up quickly, they use less energy than a conventional oven.
You will need a toaster oven.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal to make in your toaster oven, look no further than this spaghetti with sausage and feta.
It’s simple to make and cooks up quickly, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Plus, the combination of flavors will please even the pickiest of eaters.
How to make Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta from a Toaster Oven?
For making Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta, you will need:
- 12 oz Italian sausage meat removed from casings
- 1¼ cups spaghetti broken-up uncooked
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ tsp oregano leaves dried
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1½ cups water
- Combine the sausage meat, spaghetti pieces, feta, oregano, pepper, tomato sauce, and water.
- Spoon sausage mixture into a greased 8-inch (2 L) square ovenproof glass baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated 400 °F (200 °С) toaster oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring two to three times until spaghetti is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
There you have it, a delicious and easy-to-make spaghetti dish that the whole family will love.
So next time you’re looking for something comforting and tasty, give this spaghetti with sausage and feta a try.
You won’t be disappointed.
Cooking tip: If you want a bit more of a crunch in your spaghetti, you can cook the noodles in the toaster oven for a few minutes before adding them to the sauce.
Just be sure to oversee them, so they don’t overcook.
Health benefits of Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta from a Toaster Oven
While I’ve always loved the taste of this spaghetti dish, I didn’t know until recently that it’s also a healthy meal.
That’s because spaghetti is a good source of carbohydrates, which give you energy, and protein, which helps build muscles.
The sausage in this dish is also a good source of protein and can help you feel fuller longer.
And the feta cheese provides calcium, which is essential for strong bones.
Here are the health benefits of this classic Thanksgiving dish:
1. Spaghetti squash is low in calories and a good source of fiber, which can help you feel full and may aid in weight loss.
2. This dish is also a good source of vitamins A and C, potassium, and calcium.
3. The tomato sauce in this dish provides lycopene, an antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease.
4. The feta cheese provides protein and calcium, essential for bone health.
5. Italian sausage is a good source of protein and iron, essential for energy levels and cognitive function.
So there you have it, a delicious and nutritious meal that is good for both your body and your mind.
So why not give it a try tonight?
Nutrition Facts of Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta
Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta from a Toaster Oven is full of nutritious ingredients and provides the following nutritional values:
- Calories: 807kcal
- Carbohydrates: 82g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 104mg
- Sodium: 1654mg
- Potassium: 922mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 721IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
- Calcium: 179mg
- Iron: 4mg
How to Store Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta?
It would be terrible to eat a delicious Spaghetti with Sausage and have it go bad before you can finish it.
If you want to keep your leftovers fresh, there are a few things you can do.
- First, make sure to cool the spaghetti down as quickly as possible after cooking. You can do this by placing it in a covered dish and putting it in the fridge or freezer.
- Once it’s cooled, you can store the spaghetti in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. If you want to keep it for longer, you can freeze it for up to two months.
- When you’re ready to eat your leftovers, simply reheat them in the microwave or a pot on the stove.
- Alternate Method: If you don’t have time to cool the spaghetti down, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
- This dish is best served fresh, but if you need to store it, these are the best methods to keep your Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta tasting great.
How cooking with a Toaster oven is healthy?
When you cook with a toaster oven, you can enjoy all the same benefits of cooking with a conventional oven without the added energy costs.
That’s because toaster ovens use less energy than conventional ovens so they can save you money on your energy bill.
In addition to being more energy-efficient, toaster ovens can also help you cook healthier meals.
That’s because they allow you to cook at lower temperatures for shorter periods, which can help preserve the nutrients in your food.
So if you’re looking for a way to save money and eat healthier, cooking with a toaster oven is a great option.
What to serve with Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta?
We all know that Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta is a delicious dish, but what should you serve alongside it for a complete meal?
Here are some suggestions:
- Salad: A green salad or Caesar salad would be a perfect accompaniment to this dish.
- Rice: You could also serve this dish with some rice on the side.
- Bread: Serve some bread on the side to soak up all the delicious sauce.
- Side dish: Try serving roasted vegetables or garlic mashed potatoes as a side dish.
- Dessert: End your meal with something sweet, like Tiramisu or Chocolate Cake.
- Redskins or another type of Italian bread: to sop up that extra sauce
- A simple green salad: to add a pop of color and freshness
- Crusty garlic bread: because who doesn’t love garlic bread?
- Roasted vegetables: a healthy and flavorful side dish
- Sliced fruit, such as oranges or grapefruit: for a tart and juicy contrast
- A glass of red wine: because it’s the perfect pairing for this dish!
There you have it! With these suggestions, you’re sure to have a complete and satisfying meal. Buon appetite!
What sauces go well with Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta?
One option is to keep it simple and just serve some grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
However, if you’re looking for a bit more of a flavor boost, here are a few sauces that would be perfect:
- Tomato sauce: A classic tomato sauce is always a good choice.
- Pesto sauce: This flavorful sauce goes well with both sausage and feta.
- White wine sauce: A white wine sauce would be a perfect way to highlight the flavors of the sausage and feta.
- Bolognese sauce: This meaty sauce is the perfect match for spaghetti.
- Alfredo sauce: This creamy sauce is a delicious choice for Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta.
- Romesco sauce: This spicy sauce is perfect for those who like a bit of heat.
Have fun experimenting with different sauces and see which ones you like best!
What can you not cook in a toaster oven?
A toaster oven can cook a variety of food items, but there are some things that you cannot cook in it.
For example, you cannot cook a whole chicken in a toaster oven – it is too large.
You cannot cook a turkey in a toaster oven – the size is too large for the appliance.
If you want to cook a large bird, you need to use a traditional oven.
Another thing that you cannot cook in a toaster oven is a casserole.
A casserole is a dish made up of multiple ingredients, and it needs to be cooked at a high temperature for an extended period to be properly cooked.
A toaster oven does not get hot enough to cook a casserole, so you will need to use a traditional oven if you want to make one.
In general, you should avoid cooking anything in a toaster oven that is large or has multiple ingredients.
These items can either be too large for the appliance or not cook evenly.
Stick to simple items like toast or frozen pizza when using a toaster oven.
Can you cook in a toaster oven?
The answer is yes; you can cook in a toaster oven. You can bake, broil, and even toast in a toaster oven.
Toaster ovens are a great way to cook small meals or snacks.
They are also a great way to save energy because they use less electricity than a regular oven.
If you are looking for a small, energy-efficient oven, a toaster oven may be the right choice for you.
How long does it take for the pasta to cook?
It depends on the type of pasta you’re cooking.
For instance, thinner pasta like angel hair only takes a few minutes to cook, while heartier ones like penne can take up to 10 minutes or longer.
One way to test whether your pasta is cooked is to throw it against a wall.
Otherwise, give it a few more minutes.
Another way to tell if pasta is cooked is to taste it – it should be soft but with a bite.
Drain it in a colander and give it a quick rinse under cold water if you’re not going to use it right away.
This stops the cooking process and prevents sticking.
If you’re ever in doubt, it’s always better to err on the side of overcooking your pasta, as opposed to undercooking it.
Undercooked pasta is hard and chewy, while overcooked pasta is soft and mushy.
So if you’re not sure, cook it for a minute or two longer than the package directions call for.
What are you waiting for now that you know how to cook pasta? Get cooking!
The dish can be baked a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated.
It will thicken on cooling.
Stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) water, cover, and reheat in preheated 325°F (160°C) toaster oven for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
If too thick, stir in more water.
Spaghetti with Sausage and Feta from a Toaster Oven
- In a large bowl, combine sausage meat, spaghetti pieces, feta, oregano, pepper, tomato sauce and water.
- Spoon sausage mixture into a greased 8-inch (2 L) square ovenproof glass baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated 400 °F (200 °С) toaster oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring two to three times, until spaghetti is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.