Lemon ice cream is a delicious and refreshing treat perfect for summer gatherings.
Whether you’re looking for a classic recipe or something more creative, we’ve covered you.
Lemon ice cream is a type of flavored ice cream that is made with lemon juice and zest.
It is usually a white or pale yellow color and has a tart, citrus flavor.
Lemon ice cream is a refreshing and easy-to-make treat that people of all ages can enjoy.
It can be served as a dessert, snack, or even breakfast!
There are many different ways to make lemon ice cream, so you can easily find a recipe that suits your taste.
Lemon ice cream is a refreshing and delicious treat perfect for summer gatherings.
It is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste.
Lemon ice cream is also a healthy choice as it is low in calories and fat.
How to make Lemon Ice Cream?
There are many ways to make lemon ice cream, but the most common method is to add lemon juice and zest to a vanilla ice cream base.
You can also find recipes that use lemon curd or homemade lemonade.
If you want a classic recipe, you can try this one:
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon zest
Heavy Cream: Heavy cream is a type of milk that has a high-fat content. It is used in many recipes, including ice cream, to add richness and flavor.
Milk: Milk is an essential ingredient in ice cream recipes. It helps to thin out the mixture and gives the final product a smooth texture.
Sugar: Sugar is used to sweeten the ice cream and balance the tart lemon flavor.
Egg Yolks: Egg yolks are responsible for giving ice cream its creamy texture. They also help to bind the ingredients together.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice adds tartness and flavor to the ice cream.
Lemon Zest: Lemon zest is used to add flavor and aroma. It is the outermost part of the lemon peel and can be grated or minced.
Step By Step Instructions
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and milk over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
2. Whisk the sugar and egg yolks together until pale yellow.
3. Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest.
6. Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls and enjoy!
If you want more decadent ice cream, you can use all the heavy cream instead of the milk.
You can also use lime juice and zest instead of lemon.
If you want sweeter ice cream, you can increase the amount of sugar.
You can vary this recipe to suit your taste in many different ways.
Here are a few ideas:
- Add 1/2 cup (120 ml) of strawberry or raspberry puree to the mixture before freezing.
- Swirl in 1/4 cup (60 ml) of chocolate sauce or melted chocolate before serving.
- Mix in 1/2 cup (120 ml) of chopped nuts, such as almonds or walnuts.
For a grown-up twist, add 1 ounce (28 ml) of vodka or rum to the mixture before freezing.
What are the health benefits of Lemon Ice Cream?
Lemon ice cream is a refreshing and delicious treat that is also healthy.
It is low in calories and fat, making it an excellent choice for those on a diet.
Lemon ice cream is also high in Vitamin C.
This vitamin is essential for immunity, skin health, and wound healing.
In addition, lemon ice cream contains calcium and phosphorus.
These minerals are essential for bone health.
Let’s dive into the nutritional value of lemon ice cream:
- Energy: 200 calories
- Protein: 4 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Sugar: 25 grams
Lemon ice cream is a good source of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin C.
It also contains some potassium, iron, and magnesium.
One cup of lemon ice cream has about 200 calories and 10 grams fat.
This makes it a relatively healthy treat, especially with other desserts like cake or cookies.
These nutrients are essential for bone health, teeth, and gums.
They also help to boost the immune system.
So, there you have it!
Lemon ice cream is a delicious and healthy treat that is perfect for any occasion.
Whether you are looking for a light dessert or a refreshing snack, this recipe is sure to please.
How to store Lemon Ice Cream?
Lemon ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to two months.
When ready to serve, let it thaw for 30 minutes before scooping it into bowls.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy lemon ice cream!
What is the best way to serve Lemon Ice Cream?
Lemon ice cream can be served on its own or with various toppings.
Try serving it with fresh berries, whipped cream, or a slice of lemon cake.
It also goes well with chocolate sauce or melted chocolate.
No matter how you choose to serve it, lemon ice cream will surely be a hit at your next gathering!
There are 3 ways you can store your lemon ice cream:
In the freezer: This recipe can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
In the fridge: If you don’t have space in your freezer, you can store your lemon ice cream in the fridge for up to 1 week.
In an ice cream maker: If you have an ice cream maker, you can store your lemon ice cream in it for up to 2 days. This will keep it soft and scoopable.
Whether you store your lemon ice cream in the freezer, fridge, or ice cream maker, enjoy it within 2 months for the best flavor and texture.
When stored properly, your lemon ice cream will be good as new!
Lemon ice cream is the perfect treat for summer parties or anytime you want a refreshing dessert.
These recipes are sure to please everyone at your gathering!
The Best Lemon Ice Cream Recipes For Your Next Party
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and milk over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolks together until pale yellow.
- Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls and enjoy!