Making homemade ice cream is a fun summer activity, and with this almond milk ice cream recipe, you can enjoy a delicious and dairy-free treat!
This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few simple ingredients.
The key to making the perfect scoop of almond milk ice cream is to use full-fat canned coconut milk and freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker for the best results.
Almond milk ice cream is a dairy-free, vegan-friendly alternative to traditional ice cream.
It is made with almond, plant-based milk made from almonds with a creamy texture and nutty flavor.
How does it taste?
Almond milk ice cream has a creamy texture and nutty flavor.
The sweetness of the almond milk pairs well with the rich flavor of the coconut milk, making for a delicious and refreshing treat.
There are many ways to enjoy almond milk ice cream.
You can eat it straight from the pint, top it with your favorite toppings, or use it as a base for other recipes.
What are the benefits of Almond Milk Ice Cream?
There are many benefits to almond milk ice cream, including the fact that it is:
Dairy-free: the perfect alternative for those who are lactose-intolerant or have an allergy to dairy.
Vegan: made with plant-based ingredients, it is an excellent option for vegans or those following a plant-based diet.
Lower in calories: since it is made with almond milk, which is lower in calories than dairy milk, this ice cream is a lighter option.
Healthier: since it is made with almond milk, a good source of vitamins and minerals, this ice cream is a healthier option than traditional ice cream.
High in vitamin E and calcium: these nutrients are essential for maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
What do you need to make Almond Milk Ice Cream?
To make almond milk ice cream, you will need:
Coconut milk is the main ingredient in almond milk ice cream, giving the ice cream its creamy texture.
Be sure to use full-fat coconut milk for the best results.
Almond milk: This adds flavor and sweetness to the ice cream. You can use almond milk, but I prefer unsweetened almond milk.
Sugar: This is what sweetens the ice cream. You can use any sugar, but I prefer organic cane sugar.
Salt: This helps to balance out the sweetness of the sugar.
Vanilla extract: This adds flavor and depth to the ice cream. You can use any vanilla extract, but I prefer to use pure vanilla extract.
- 1 can (14 oz) of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step By Step Instructions
1. The first step is to combine the coconut milk, almond milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir the mixture until it comes to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Once the ice cream is frozen, transfer it to a container and store it in the freezer.
Enjoy your homemade almond milk ice cream!
This recipe makes about 1 pint of ice cream.
- If you have an ice cream maker, you can make this recipe! Pour the mixture into a container and place it in the freezer. Then, return it to the freezer until it is frozen solid.
- If you want softer ice cream, simply let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- If you want more brutal ice cream, place the container in the freezer for an hour before serving.
- If you want smoother ice cream, use full-fat coconut milk. If you use light coconut milk, the ice cream will be icier.
- If you want a lower sugar option, you can use 1/4 cup of sugar instead of 1/2 cup.
- If you are looking for a lower-calorie option, you can use unsweetened almond milk, stevia, or another sugar substitute to sweeten the ice cream.
You can change this recipe to suit your taste in many ways.
Some possible variations include:
- Add fruit: stir in fresh or frozen fruit before freezing the mixture.
- Adding chocolate: stir in some chocolate chips or cacao nibs before freezing the mixture.
- Making it mint chocolate chip: stir in some mint extract and chocolate chips before freezing the mixture.
- Making it coffee: stir in some brewed coffee or espresso before freezing the mixture.
- Making it cookies and cream: stir in some crushed cookies before freezing the mixture.
The possibilities are endless! Be creative and have fun with it!
Can I use almond milk instead of whole milk in ice cream?
You can use almond milk instead of whole milk in ice cream.
Almond milk is a good choice for those who are lactose-intolerant or have allergies to dairy.
It is also a good choice for vegans or vegetarians.
The main difference between almond milk and Whole milk in ice cream is that almond milk ice cream will be lower in calories and higher in vitamin E and calcium.
Is there ice cream made from almond milk?
Yes, there is ice cream made from almond milk.
Almond milk ice cream is lighter and healthier than traditional ice cream.
It is also high in vitamin E and calcium.
Can you thicken almond milk into a cream?
Almond milk is a popular dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk.
It’s made by blending almonds with water and then straining the solids.
While almond milk is delicious and versatile, it doesn’t always behave like cow’s milk.
This is especially apparent when you try to use it in recipes that call for cream.
Almond milk can be thickened into a cream-like consistency, but it takes effort.
The key is to use finely ground almonds and cook the mixture until it’s thick and bubbly.
Once thickened, almond cream can be used instead of dairy cream in most recipes.
Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe: How To Make The Perfect Scoop
- The first step is to combine the coconut milk, almond milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture until it comes to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream is frozen, transfer it to a container and store it in the freezer.
- Enjoy your homemade almond milk ice cream!