You might have heard of bachelor’s grilled cheese prepared in a toaster.
Or perhaps you’ve read a “life hack” about turning your toaster on the side to make a quick grilled cheese sandwich at work.
I’ll get this right out of the way: please don’t.
There’s a good chance you will ruin your toaster, your counter, or burn down the house.
But What if I Really Want to?
You can also make melts, or even re-heat a small portion of food or a pastry.
However, they toast comes out very dry.
No products found.
A viable alternative to making a grilled cheese sandwich would be to use a toaster and a microwave.
The process is as follows:
- Toast your bread to desired color and crispness.
- Slice or grate your cheese.
- Put your butter or light mayo on the toast, top with cheese, and microwave for 10-25 seconds. This will make the sandwich less dry.
Better than the ones they serve at office cafeterias, and better than nothing if you’re in a hurry, but you will get much better results if you make a grilled cheese sandwich in a toaster oven.
See my post about that, along with cheese recommendations and other tips.
Hope this helps!
Avocado Sandwich With Egg and Grilled Cheese
- 1 Pot
- 1 cutting board
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 medium egg
- ½ ripe avocados
- 2-3 ouches gouda cheese
- ⅓ tbsp hot sauce or more you like it spicier
- 2 pats salted butter
- Begin by boiling the egg. If you want to be perfectly boiled, cook for 8 minutes then shock the egg in ice water and peel immediately.
- Now that your egg is prepared, slice the avocado and start layering. Layer one piece of bread with half of the gouda cheese, the entire sliced avocado, the entire crumbled egg, a drizzle of hot sauce, the remaining cheese and then the other piece of bread. Butter both sides of the sandwich and set aside.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to firm up and then serve.