When I was a little girl, my mom would sometimes take me to the bakery on Sunday mornings.
We would get a quiche and a coffee and sit in the park across the street, watching the world go by.
Those memories are some of my fondest childhood memories.
You can recreate that feeling of nostalgia with this Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven.
It’s the perfect size for two people and can be easily reheated if you have leftovers.
Now that I’m an adult, I don’t have time for leisurely Sunday mornings at the bakery.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t crave a good quiche from time to time.
This recipe takes a quick and easy quiche that can be baked in a toaster oven.
It’s the perfect size for one or two people, and it only takes about 25 minutes to bake.
Not only does it save on time and energy, but it also gives the quiche a delicious, crispy crust.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious brunch dish, try baking your quiche in a toaster oven!
How to make Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven?
A toaster oven is a small electric oven used to toast bread and bake small items.
They come in different shapes and sizes, the most popular being the two-slot toaster oven.
A toaster oven can be a great addition to your kitchen, especially if you don’t have a lot of space or want to save on energy costs.
Quiche is a type of savory custard that is usually baked in a pie crust.
It can be made with various ingredients, such as meat, cheese, vegetables, and herbs.
Quiche is perfect for brunch because it can be served either warm or cold.
And, best of all, it’s easy to make in a toaster oven.
Here’s how to make Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven:
What you will need:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk or cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- ¾ cup ham or turkey diced cooked
- 1 tsp dillweed dried
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg optional
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) deep-dish pie shell baked
- ln a large bowl, beat eggs until just combined. If used, stir in milk, cheese, ham, dill, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Gently pour egg mixture into baked pie shell and evenly distribute cheese and ham.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °С) toaster oven for 45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- If quiche is browning too much on one side, turn halfway through baking time. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Once quiche has cooled, slice and serve.
Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven the recipe will make any other day feel like a special occasion.
This dish is perfect for any meal, whether cooking for one or two people.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for a quick and easy quiche, try baking it in a toaster oven!
And, if you want to save even more time, you can make the pie crust ahead of time and store it in the freezer.
This Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for one or two people
- Can be made ahead of time
- Ready in about 25 minutes
- It has a crispy, delicious crust
- Can be served warm or cold
- Great for any meal
So, what are you waiting for?
Try this recipe today and enjoy the delicious taste of quiche without hassle!
How to Store Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven?
While quiche is best when served fresh, it can also be stored in the fridge for a day or two.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat them in the toaster oven when you’re ready to eat them.
You can also freeze quiche for up to two months.
Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and thaw it overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Whether you’re serving it fresh or reheating leftovers, this Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven will hit the spot!
Or, if you want to freeze your quiche, first slice it into individual servings.
Then, wrap each slice in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag—Thaw the quiche overnight in the fridge when ready to eat and reheat it in the toaster oven.
Quiche is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for any meal.
So, whether you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast or a delicious brunch dish, try baking your quiche in a toaster oven!
Nutrition Facts of Brunch Quiche Baked
Brunch Quiche Baked recipe is not only about the taste; it is also about the nutrition that you will get from the dish.
There are different types of quiche, but this one is made with eggs, milk, and cheese rich in protein.
The same goes for the ham or turkey used as an ingredient.
As for the vegetables, provide vitamins and minerals, while the herbs add flavor to the dish.
To get the most out of the dish, it is best to eat it while still warm.
This way, you will be able to taste all the flavors that are in the quiche.
You can also add a side salad to make it a complete meal.
When it comes to nutrition, one serving of this quiche will give you:
- Calories: 462kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Potassium: 170mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 476IU
- Calcium: 279mg
- Iron: 2mg
Health Benefits of Brunch Quiche Baked
When we talk about the benefits of eating quiche, we are not talking about this particular dish.
Quiche is a pie made with eggs, milk, and cheese.
The same ingredients are also used in making other types of quiche.
This means that all the benefits associated with quiche also apply to these other dishes.
One of the main benefits of eating quiche is that it is an excellent source of protein.
Eggs are known to be one of the best protein sources, and they are also a good source of essential amino acids.
Cheese is also a good source of protein, and it contains all the essential amino acids that our body needs.
Another benefit of eating quiche is that it is a good source of calcium.
This mineral is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
It is also necessary for healthy muscle function and nerve communication.
Quiche is also a good source of antioxidants. These nutrients help protect our cells from damage caused by harmful toxins and free radicals.
Lastly, quiche is a good source of B vitamins.
These vitamins are essential for energy production and maintaining a healthy metabolism.
They also help keep our skin, hair, and nails healthy.
So, if you are looking for a nutritious and satisfying dish to enjoy for brunch, quiche is a great option!
It is packed with protein, calcium, antioxidants, and B vitamins, essential for optimal health.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch.
It is packed with protein and nutrients, and it is also very satisfying.
So, if you are looking for a healthy and delicious dish to enjoy, try baking your quiche in a toaster oven!
Quiche is a versatile and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed for any meal.
It is packed with protein, calcium, antioxidants, and B vitamins, essential for optimal health.
Whether you’re serving it fresh or reheating leftovers, quiche will hit the spot!
What to serve with Brunch Quiche Baked?
It can be yummy on its own, but here are some delicious ideas to make it even better!
People often think of quiche as a breakfast or brunch dish, but it can be served at any meal.
There are many things you can serve with brunch quiche baked.
Some of our favorites include:
- A simple green salad: Add some crunch and freshness to your meal with a green salad. Try to use seasonal greens for the best flavor.
- Fresh fruit: Add a pop of color and sweetness to your meal. We love pairing quiche with berries, melon, or even mango.
- Roasted potatoes: Roasted potatoes are an excellent option for a heartier meal. They can be cooked ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- Crustless quiche: This is an excellent option if you’re looking for a lighter meal or want to reduce the number of carbs you’re eating. Crustless quiche can be just as flavorful as regular quiche, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations of ingredients.
- Roasted vegetables: Make things heartier with roasted vegetables. Any veggie goes, but we especially love asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and red onions.
- Savory breakfast potatoes: Serve up some crispy potatoes alongside your quiche for a breakfast-inspired meal. Try our recipe for Easy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes.
- A side of bacon or sausage: Add some bacon or sausage to your plate if you want to treat yourself. Yum!
- Toast or bagels with cream cheese: Toast or bagels are always a good idea, and they’re the perfect vessel for delivering creamy goodness directly to your mouth.
There are endless possibilities for what to serve with brunch quiche baked.
Get creative and mix things up to find your perfect combination.
Can I use milk in quiche instead of cream?
Yes, you can use milk in quiche instead of cream.
Milk will make the quiche lighter and less rich, but it will still be delicious.
If you are watching your fat intake, you may want to use skim milk or low-fat milk instead of whole milk.
Do you have to Prebake pie crust for quiche?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question, as both methods will produce a delicious quiche.
However, if you want to create an exceptionally light and fluffy quiche crust, we recommend prebaking your pie crust.
This will help ensure that the crust does not become soggy when adding the filling.
I hope this helps!
Should quiche be baked covered or uncovered?
This is a question that often sparks debate among quiche fans.
Some people swear by covering quiche while baking to ensure that it stays moist and fluffy, while others believe that the crust should be crispy, so they always bake their quiche uncovered.
Ultimately, it’s up to you which method you prefer – both will produce delicious quiche if you decide to cover your quiche while baking, be sure to check it periodically to ensure that the crust doesn’t burn.
And if you choose to bake it uncovered, make sure to place it on a baking sheet in case of any spills.
No matter how you choose to make it, quiche is always a delicious and satisfying meal. Enjoy!
Variation: Quiche with Spinach and Cheddar
- Omit ham. Defrost 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen spinach and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Sprinkle over bottom of a baked pie shell, then gently spoon egg mixture on top. Frozen spinach is available loose, so you don’t have to defrost a whole package.
Deep-Dish Pie Shells
Frozen deep-dish pie shells are available in the frozen pastry section.
Follow package directions for baking.
Be sure to purchase the deep-dish shells, as pastry has a tendency to shrink a bit when baking.
Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven
- ln a large bowl, beat eggs until just combined. Stir in milk, cheese, ham, dill, salt, pepper and nutmeg, if using.
- Gently pour egg mixture into baked pie shell and carefully distribute cheese and ham evenly.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °С) toaster oven for 45 minutes, or until center is set. If quiche is browning too much on one side, turn halfway through baking time. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- In a large bowl, beat together 6 eggs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk, and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt. Stir in 2 chopped green onions and 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Cheddar cheese.
- If desired, add 1/2 cup (125 mL) of any of the following: diced cooked ham, cooked bacon or sausage, diced cooked potato or cooked corn, and/or 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red or green bell pepper.
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie plate with 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil or softened butter. Pour in the egg mixture. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) toaster oven for 25 minutes or until just firm in the center. Remove from oven and let stand for 3 to 4minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces. Makes 2 to 3 servings.