Look no further than Quaker cornbread if you’re looking for a delicious, low-calorie snack that will fill you up without packing on the pounds.
This hearty bread is made with whole-grain cornmeal and is packed with fiber and protein, making it a nutritious choice for any time of day.
Serve Quaker cornbread with a dollop of honey or jam for a sweet treat, or enjoy it plain as a satisfying snack.
Either way, you’ll love the taste of this healthy bread.
Cornbread is a type of bread that is made from cornmeal.
It is a tasty, low-calorie snack that can be eaten alone or with toppings like butter, honey, or jam.
Cornbread recipes can be found in cookbooks or online.
The ingredients needed for cornbread are cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk.
Butter or oil can be used to grease the pan before baking.
Cornmeal is a type of corn that has been ground into a fine meal.
It is used to make cornbread, which is a type of bread that is made from cornmeal.
Cornbread is a tasty, low-calorie snack that can be eaten alone or with toppings like butter, honey, or jam.
Flour can be made from various grains, but wheat flour is the most commonly used.
It is the main ingredient in bread, pastries, and other baked goods.
Flour is used to add structure and texture to these foods.
Sugar is a type of sweetener that is made from cane or beet juice.
It adds sweetness to foods and can be found in various baked goods.
Baking powder is a leavening agent used to help baked goods rise.
It contains baking soda, which is a type of alkali.
When baking powder is added to wet ingredients, it creates carbon dioxide gas, rising the batter.
Salt is a mineral that is used to add flavor to food.
It can also be used to preserve food or prevent the growth of bacteria.
Milk is a liquid that is made from the mammary glands of mammals.
It contains fat, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
Milk is used to add richness and flavor to foods.
It can also be used to make butter, cheese, and yogurt.
Butter or Oil
Butter is a solid dairy product that is made from milk or cream.
It is used to add flavor and texture to foods.
Oil is a liquid made from seeds, nuts, or fruits.
It is used to add flavor and moisten foods.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the milk and butter or oil and stir until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch baking pan.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cornbread cool for a few minutes before serving.
- If you want to make extra moist cornbread, you can add egg to the batter.
- For a sweeter cornbread, you can add 1/4 cup of sugar to the batter.
- You can use any milk for this recipe, but whole milk will produce the most decadent flavor.
- If you don’t have a 9-inch baking pan, you can use an 8-inch pan.
- The cornbread will be a little thinner.
There are approximately 200 calories in one serving of Quaker cornbread.
This recipe is also low in fat, with only four grams of fat per serving.
Additionally, there are 36 grams of carbohydrates and six grams of protein in each serving.
Quaker cornbread can be stored in an airtight container for four days.
Alternatively, it can be frozen for up to three months.
Thanks for reading our Quaker Cornbread Recipes!
We hope you enjoy this delicious, low-calorie snack.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments in the comments section below.
Have a great day!
Is it better to make cornbread with water or milk?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question.
Some people prefer to make cornbread with water because it creates a denser texture.
Others prefer milk because it adds richness and flavor.
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which liquid you want to use.
Is cornbread healthy for you?
When it comes to cornbread, there is no one-size-fits-all answer.
Some people believe that cornbread is healthy because it is made from whole grains.
Others believe that it is not as healthy because it contains sugar and fat.
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide whether or not you think cornbread is healthy for you.
Looking for more Quaker cornbread recipes? Try these:
- Quaker Corn Bread Muffins: These muffins are perfect for on-the-go snacking.
- Mix cornmeal, Quaker oats, milk, egg, and melted butter, then bake in a muffin tin for 20 minutes.
- Add your favorite muffin toppings before baking for an extra special treat, such as chocolate chips or berries.
- Quaker Corn Bread Pancakes: Start your day with a stack of protein-packed pancakes.
- Combine cornmeal, Quaker oats, milk, egg, and melted butter to form a batter, then cook on a hot griddle or frying pan.
- Serve with syrup or your favorite pancake toppings.
- Quaker Corn Bread Waffles: Make a batch of waffles for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
- Mix cornmeal, Quaker oats, milk, egg, and melted butter to form a batter, then pour into a hot waffle iron.
- Serve with syrup or your favorite toppings.
- Quaker Corn Bread Stuffing: This stuffing is a great way to use leftover cornbread.
- Simply mix cubed cornbread, chopped celery, onion, and chicken or vegetable broth.
- Stuff into a roasted chicken or turkey, then bake according to your recipe.
- Quaker Corn Bread Croutons: These crunchy croutons are perfect for topping salads or soups.
- Cut cornbread into small cubes, then toss with olive oil and your favorite seasonings.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until crispy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack or a tasty way to use up leftover cornbread, these Quaker cornbread recipes will please.
So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Quaker Corn Bread: A Tasty, Low-Calorie Snack
- Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk and butter or oil and stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cornbread cool for a few minutes before serving.