Fish sticks in the air fryer really up the game: they come out awesome, nice, and crispy.
Since these are homemade, they are more “meaty” and have less breading than store-bought. Try them on a sandwich!
5 Tips for Making the Perfect Fish Sticks using an Air Fryer
- If you are using frozen fish, thaw it completely before making fish sticks.
- Cod, catfish, or other whitefish work best for this recipe, so the choice is on you!
- Always pat dry fish with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Cook fish sticks in batches without overcrowding the basket.
- Season the flour and breadcrumbs with your favorite seasonings – garlic, chili, sweet paprika, or fresh parsley are always a good choice!
Air Fryer Fish Sticks with Lemon Mayo Sauce
- On a cutting board, cut each fish fillet into 3 inches long and 1 inch wide pieces.
- Put fish dry using paper towels.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat the eggs.
- Add breadcrumbs to a third bowl and season with dried dill.
- Dip each piece of fish into the flour first, then eggs and then evenly coat with breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess.
- Place fish sticks into the air fryer set to 400° F (200° C) for 10 minutes and spray them with cooking oil. Flip after 5 minutes and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until golden.
- To prepare the sauce, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil in a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and parsley and mix well.
- Take the fish sticks out of the air fryer and serve with lemon mayo sauce. Enjoy!