Today morning it was chilly, and I wanted to have something sweet, so I decided to make this easy and delicious pineapple ice cream recipe that is also nutritious.
It is one of the best fruit ice cream recipes I have ever tried!
And it only takes 5 minutes to make it!
Pineapple is a tropical fruit rich in Vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
It has a unique sweet and tart flavor and is often used in desserts.
Ice cream can be a good source of calcium and protein, but it is also high in sugar and fat.
This pineapple ice cream recipe uses only natural ingredients and is a healthier alternative to store-bought ice cream.
To make this delicious and nutritious pineapple ice cream, you will need:
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What are frozen pineapple chunks?
Frozen pineapple chunks are fresh pineapples that have been cut into small pieces and then frozen.
Frozen pineapple chunks are a convenient way to add fresh pineapple to smoothies, yogurt bowls, or ice cream without having to chop it up yourself.
What is full-fat coconut milk?
Full-fat coconut milk is the liquid that comes from the meat of a mature coconut.
It is high in saturated fat but contains medium-chain fatty acids, which can help boost metabolism and promote weight loss.
Coconut milk is also a good source of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals.
What is low-fat plain yogurt?
Low-fat plain yogurt is a type of yogurt made with skim milk and has had the fat removed.
It is a good source of protein and calcium and contains live bacteria, which can help digestion.
What is honey?
Honey is a sweetener made by bees that contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and can help boost the immune system.
What is a vanilla extract?
Vanilla extract is a flavoring made from beans soaked in alcohol.
It is used to add flavor to desserts and baking recipes.
How to make this delicious and nutritious pineapple ice cream recipe:
1. To make this pineapple ice cream, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Start by peeling and chopping the pineapple into small chunks.
2. Add the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for later.
This delicious and nutritious pineapple ice cream recipe is perfect for a summer treat!
It is refreshing, sweet, and has a lovely tropical flavor.
It is also a healthy alternative to store-bought ice cream high in sugar and fat.
This recipe makes a great dessert for kids and adults alike.
It takes only 5 minutes to make!
It is perfect for a summer treat and a healthy alternative to store-bought ice cream.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make this recipe!
- Simply pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours. Scoop out the frozen mixture and enjoy!
- This pineapple ice cream recipe is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. To make it Paleo-friendly, use honey instead of sugar.
- If you don’t like the taste of coconut milk, feel free to substitute it with another type of milk, such as almond or soy.
- This pineapple ice cream is best enjoyed just after it is made. However, it can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Let the ice cream thaw for a few minutes before scooping and serving.
- If you want lighter and fluffier ice cream, try adding 1/2 cup of whipped cream to the mixture before freezing. It will give the ice cream a softer texture.
There are mainly 3 types of storage for ice cream:
- In an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. If you want to keep it for longer, you can put it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- In an ice cream maker: You can store it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- In a container with a lid: You can store it in the freezer for up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Thus, you can see that there are different storage instructions for ice cream, depending on the type of container you use.
When storing food in the freezer, it is essential to use an airtight container to prevent freezer burn.
If you use a container with a lid, label it with the date so you know when it was stored.
This pineapple ice cream will last in the fridge for up to 1 month and the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Why my pineapple ice cream is bitter?
The high acidity in pineapples can sometimes make them taste bitter.
If pineapple ice cream is too bitter, add a little sugar or honey to sweeten it.
You can also try adding other fruits to the mix, like bananas or mangoes, to help balance the bitterness.
What are the benefits of eating pineapple ice cream?
Aside from being delicious, pineapple ice cream is also packed with nutrients.
Pineapples are a good source of vitamins C and B1, as well as manganese and fiber.
They also contain an enzyme called bromelain, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
So not only is pineapple ice cream delicious, but it’s also good for you!
Does pineapple curdle ice cream?
Pineapple may curdle your ice cream if it is not ripe enough.
Ripe pineapple is sweeter and less acidic, making it less likely to cause curdling.
If you use unripe pineapple, cook it first to make it sweeter and less acidic.
To avoid curdling, add pineapple to your ice cream mixture a little at a time, and be careful not to let it come into contact with the egg yolks.
You can also add a bit of lemon juice or cream of tartar to help stabilize the mixture.
What does arrowroot powder do in ice cream?
Arrowroot powder helps to thicken and smooth out the texture of ice cream.
It also prevents ice crystals from forming, making for a creamier final product.
Pineapple Ice Cream Recipe
- Start by peeling and chopping the pineapple into small chunks.
- Add the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer for later.