Looking for a delicious and dairy-free ice cream recipe?
Look no further than this coconut milk ice cream recipe!
Made with just four simple ingredients, this is one recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
There are a few things that make this recipe great.
First, it’s made with four simple ingredients.
Second, it’s dairy-free, so it’s perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or have allergies.
Third, it’s a great way to enjoy ice cream without worrying about calories.
Coconut milk ice cream is a dairy-free and vegan alternative to traditional ice cream.
It’s made with coconut milk, which gives it a rich and creamy texture.
Coconut milk is also a good source of healthy fats and nutrients, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a healthier option.
How to Make Coconut Milk?
Making coconut milk is easy and only requires a few ingredients:
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Why is Coconut Milk essential?
You can find coconut milk in the aisle where they keep other dairy alternatives like soy and almond milk.
Coconut milk is a good source of healthy fats.
It’s also low in calories and high in nutrients.
Why is Sugar needed?
Sugar is needed in this recipe to help balance out the bitterness of the coconut milk.
It also helps to create a smooth and creamy texture.
I used granulated sugar in this recipe, but you could also use brown sugar or honey.
Why is Vanilla Extract needed?
Vanilla extract is a flavor enhancer.
It helps to round out the flavors and create a more well-rounded taste.
It’s also healthy as it’s best known for its antioxidants.
What is the best type of salt to use?
I prefer Himalayan pink salt in this recipe because it has a delicate flavor that doesn’t overpower the other ingredients.
However, you can use whatever type of salt you have on hand.
A pinch of salt is added to this recipe to help cut the sweetness of the sugar.
You can always add more or less, depending on your personal preference.
1. Add the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook the mixture, frequently stirring, until it comes to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for later.
Now that you know how to make coconut milk put it to good use with this delicious and dairy-free coconut milk ice cream recipe!
This recipe is perfect for those hot summer days or whenever you’re craving something sweet.
Plus, it’s super easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make this recipe!
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for about 6 hours or until it’s solid. Then, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the frozen coconut milk and enjoy!
- This recipe is best enjoyed immediately after it’s made.
- However, it can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Just be sure to let it thaw for about 15 minutes before scooping and serving.
- Feel free to experiment with other flavors! Some great options include chocolate, strawberry, or even mint. Add your desired flavorings to the mixture before churning.
- Add mix-ins to this recipe, such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit. Just add them in after the ice cream has finished churning.
How long does this recipe take to make?
This recipe is pretty quick and easy to make.
The most time-consuming part is waiting for the ice cream to freeze in the ice cream maker.
Other than that, you should be able to have this recipe done in under an hour.
What are some tips for making this recipe?
Here are a few tips to help you make the best coconut milk ice cream:
- Use full-fat coconut milk for the creamiest texture.
- Add some shredded coconut for extra flavor and texture.
- Use fresh, quality ingredients for the best flavor.
- Be patient when freezing the ice cream – don’t try to rush it!
With these tips in mind, you should be able to make a delicious and dairy-free coconut milk ice cream that everyone will love.
Can you freeze coconut milk in a recipe?
Coconut milk can be frozen, but it will thicken and become more solid.
If you’re using frozen coconut milk in this recipe, let it thaw completely before using it.
Otherwise, your ice cream may not turn out as creamy and smooth.
What are some other ways to use coconut milk?
There are so many ways to use coconut milk!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Add it to smoothies or juices for an extra boost of nutrition and flavor.
- Use it in place of dairy milk in recipes.
- Make a homemade latte by adding it to your coffee or espresso.
- Use it as a face or hair mask for a natural and nourishing beauty treatment.
- Make a delicious curry or soup using coconut milk as the base.
As you can see, there are endless possibilities when using coconut milk.
So get creative and experiment with it in your cooking and baking!
How healthy is coconut ice cream?
Coconut milk is an excellent alternative to dairy milk for those who are lactose intolerant or have allergies.
It’s also lower in calories and fat than dairy milk, making it a healthier option.
This recipe is also naturally sweetened with sugar, so it’s not as processed as some store-bought ice creams.
Overall, this recipe is a healthier option than most store-bought ice creams.
Of course, like with anything, moderation is key.
This recipe should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
So there you have it – a delicious, dairy-free coconut milk ice cream recipe!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
What can I use instead of coconut milk in ice cream?
If you’re not a coconut milk fan or allergic to it, you can use another type of milk in this recipe.
Almond milk, cashew milk, and soy milk are all great substitutes.
Just be sure to use full-fat versions for the creamiest texture.
You can also use water, but the ice cream will be less creamy.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe: A Dairy-Free Dream Come True
- 1 jar
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture, frequently stirring, until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer for later.