Like the chocolate chip cookies, these freeze well. You can swap out raisins with chopped nuts or dried cranberries.
- Store baked cookies in freezer bags or airtight containers at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Freeze extra dough in mounds on a baking sheet until firm, then transfer mounds to an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Defrost slightly before baking, adding 2 minutes to the baking time.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Baked in a Toaster Oven
- ln a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- ln a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture along with raisins. Stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Drop 8 mounds of dough in 1 tbsp (15 mL) measures onto parchment-lined or lightly greased oven pan. Flatten slightly with back of a fork dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake on inverted bottom rack in preheated 350 °F (180 °С) toaster oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just firm to the touch. Turn pan halfway through baking time. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack. Refrigerate or freeze remaining dough or continue to bake batches until all dough is used.
Want a free sample of my latest toaster oven recipe eBook?
Subscribe to get a few pages ❤️