Baking fish fillets in foil gives them a moist, tender texture. Steamed rice is an ideal accompaniment either way. When making this, I often prepare an extra fillet to have cold with lunch the next day. You will need a toaster oven to prepare this.
It was the week before Christmas, and I was up to my eyeballs in wrapping paper, bows, and Scotch tape.
I usually waited until the last minute to do all my shopping, and now I was paying for it.
The only thing left on my list was a nice piece of salmon for my mother-in-law’s Christmas dinner.
I had a few options. I could go to the grocery store and buy a frozen piece of salmon or go to the seafood market and buy a fresh piece.
But then I remembered that I had a toaster oven. I could just buy a lemon and some garlic and make the salmon myself.
The salmon turned out great. The lemon and garlic added a nice flavor, and the toaster oven cooked it perfectly.
It was moist and flaky, and everyone loved it.
If you’re looking for an easy way to make salmon, this is it. Just don’t forget to buy a lemon and some garlic.
How to make Lemon Garlic Salmon a Toaster Oven?
- 2 cups baby spinach
- One clove of garlic thinly sliced
- Two skinless salmon fillets
- ½ teaspoon dried dillweed (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Two teaspoon olive oil
- Four slices lemon
PREP TIME – 10 mins
COOK TIME – 20 mins
TOTAL TIME – 30 mins
COURSE – Main Course
CUISINE – American
SERVINGS – 2
CALORIES – 291 kcal
EQUIPMENT – Toaster Oven
- Arrange spinach and garlic on two sheets of foil, dividing evenly. Top each with a salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle with dill, if using, and salt. Drizzle with olive oil and top each with two lemon slices. Fold in foil edges and ends to seal.
- Place packages seam side up on oven pan.
- Bake in preheated 400 °F (200 °С) toaster oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork (peek in one package to check).
- Remove from oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Open packages and drain off juices.
- Calories: 291kcal
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Potassium: 1020mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2881IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Iron: 2mg
- While cooking, the lemon mixture may start to brown. Simply lower the toaster oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) for the rest of the cooking time.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Drizzle the sauce over the cooked salmon before serving.
- When it comes to cooking salmon, you can use a few different methods. You can bake it in the oven, fry it in a pan, or cook it in a toaster oven. We’ll show you how to make Lemon Garlic Salmon in a toaster oven in this recipe.
Things you always remember while Cooking?
– Always wash your hands before and after cooking.
– Make sure all of your ingredients are prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. This will help minimize the amount of time you spend in the kitchen.
– Be patient. Cooking is not always a fast process, and sometimes it takes a little practice to get things right. Don’t give up if your first few attempts at a dish are not perfect. With some tweaking, you’ll get there.
What are the benefits of Lemon Garlic Salmon?
There are many benefits to eating Lemon Garlic Salmon. Some of these benefits include:
– Salmon is a high-quality protein that contains all 20 amino acids needed to build muscle.
– Salmon is also a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health and cognitive function.
– The combination of lemon and garlic gives this dish a delicious flavor while providing additional health benefits.
-Lemon and garlic are both anti-inflammatory agents, so this dish can help reduce inflammation in the body.
-Salmon is a good source of Vitamin D, which is essential for bone health.
-The dish is also low in calories and carbs, making it a healthy choice for those looking to lose weight or manage their blood sugar levels.
-The lemon and garlic contain antioxidants that can help boost the immune system.
-The dish is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy option for those looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Overall, Lemon Garlic Salmon is a healthy and delicious option that provides numerous benefits. If you are looking for a heart-healthy meal option, this dish is a great choice.
What to serve with Lemon Garlic Salmon?
Lemon garlic salmon is a wonderfully light and tasty dish that can be served with various side dishes. Here are some of our favorites:
-Mashed potatoes: This classic side dish goes great with salmon. Try adding some fresh herbs, like thyme or rosemary, to give the potatoes extra flavor.
-Rice: A simple yet elegant side dish that pairs well with salmon.
-Salad: A simple salad with greens and a light dressing is an excellent option for a salmon dinner. A healthy and refreshing option that goes well with almost any main course.
-Steamed vegetables: Another healthy choice that complements the flavors of lemon garlic salmon perfectly.
-Roasted vegetables: Veggies like Brussels sprouts, carrots, and sweet potatoes are delicious when roasted. They make a great side dish for salmon.
-Green salad: A simple green salad is a perfect way to round out a meal. Try adding some crumbled feta cheese or sliced almonds for extra flavor.
-Quinoa: Quinoa is a nutrient-rich grain that makes a great side dish for salmon. It’s simple to prepare and can be flavored in many different ways.
Which of these side dishes will you try with your lemon garlic salmon? Let us know in the comments below!
Are you looking for a heart-healthy meal option? Lemon garlic salmon is a great choice! This dish is low in calories and fat and is packed with nutrients beneficial for overall health.
It also has a delicious flavor that everyone will love. So, what are you waiting for? Try this dish today!
Can you bake fish in a toaster oven?
This question is yes; you can bake fish in a toaster oven. However, the time it takes to cook the fish will vary depending on the size of the fish.
It is always best to check the instructions that came with your toaster oven to see how long it will take to cook your particular type of fish.
When baking fish in a toaster oven, it is essential to use an oven-safe dish and preheat the oven before cooking.
This will help ensure that your fish cooks evenly and comes out delicious.
Whether you are baking salmon, tilapia, or another type of fish, be sure to follow these tips for perfect results.
How long does salmon need to bake in the oven?
Salmon is a versatile fish that can be baked, grilled, roasted, or broiled.
The cooking time will vary depending on the method used, but generally speaking, salmon needs to be cooked for about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
So, if you have a 1-inch thick piece of salmon, it should take about 10 minutes to cook through.
But, as always, it’s best to use a food thermometer to ensure that your salmon is cooked to the proper internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
What temperature should you bake salmon at?
Salmon is a delicate fish that can be cooked in various ways. Baking salmon at the right temperature is key to ensuring it’s cooked through without drying out.
Salmon can be baked at temperatures ranging from 275 degrees Fahrenheit to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, with most people preferring around 325 degrees.
Cooking salmon for too long or at too high of a temperature can cause it to dry out, so be sure to check on it periodically while it’s in the oven.
When in doubt, err on the side of undercooking salmon, as it’s easier to cook it further than to try and salvage overcooked fish.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to create a delicious and perfectly cooked salmon dish every time.
How long should you bake salmon at 350?
The answer to this question depends on the thickness of your salmon. If you are baking a 1-inch thick fillet, bake it for about 20 minutes.
If you are baking a thicker fillet or steak, bake it for about 25 minutes.
To test if your salmon is cooked, insert a fork into the thickest part of the fish and twist it.
If the salmon is cooked through, the meat will flake easily. Otherwise, bake it for a few more minutes.
What is good to Season salmon with?
There are many different ways to season salmon. Some people like to keep it simple with just salt and pepper. Others might add a little bit of butter or olive oil.
Then some like to get fancy with their seasoning, using things like soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, or even fruit juices.
It all depends on your personal preferences. Experiment until you find a seasoning combination that you like.
How long should I bake salmon at 425?
This is a difficult question to answer without knowing more about the type of salmon and the oven.
However, a general rule of thumb is to bake salmon at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
If you are using a frozen salmon fillet, it will likely take closer to 20 minutes to cook through.
Check the internal temperature of the salmon with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
Overcooked salmon can be dry and flavorless, so paying attention to the cooking time is essential.
If you are unsure how to cook salmon, there are plenty of recipes online that can give you more specific instructions. Thanks for asking!
Lemon Garlic Salmon from a Toaster Oven
- Arrange spinach and garlic on two sheets of foil, dividing evenly. Top each with a salmon fillet. Sprinkle with dill, if using, and salt. Drizzle with olive oil and top each with 2 lemon slices. Fold in foil edges and ends to seal. Place packages seam side up on oven pan.
- Bake in preheated 400 °F (200 °С) toaster oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork (peek in one package to check). Remove from oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Open packages and drain off juices.