The Japanese version of the egg salad sandwich, the Tomago Sando is a classic snack in Japan — soft, savoury, and exploding with flavor. It’s very simple to make and helps reduce the amount of meat you eat while keeping your snack protein-rich.
Japanese Egg Sandwich
- 4 slices Japanese milk bread or white bread
- 3 eggs hardboiled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper to taste optional
- Place eggs in a pot, add water, cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to iced water and let them cool before peeling and cutting into small pieces.
- Add eggs, mayo, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, mix in a large bowl for a chunky consistency.
- Cut off crusts from bread slices and add the egg spread evenly.
- Optional: add in sliced tomatoes or greens for some added nutrients.
- Assemble sandwich and cut in half to serve.