The Tomago Sando, a Japanese take on the egg salad sandwich, is a quintessential snack that boasts of soft texture, savoury taste, and a burst of flavours. This dish not only dramatically reduces your meat intake but also serves as a high-protein option for snacking. The recipe is quite simple and easy to follow.
Japanese Egg Sandwich
- 4 slices Japanese milk bread or white bread
- 3 eggs hardboiled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper to taste optional
- Place eggs in a pot, add water, cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to iced water and let them cool before peeling and cutting into small pieces.
- Add eggs, mayo, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, mix in a large bowl for a chunky consistency.
- Cut off crusts from bread slices and add the egg spread evenly.
- Optional: add in sliced tomatoes or greens for some added nutrients.
- Assemble sandwich and cut in half to serve.