- Subway Sauces Recipes You Can Try At Home - June 2, 2022
- Slow Cooker Potatoes Recipe - June 2, 2022
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets No Breading - June 2, 2022
I often need to look up conversion rates for fluid ounces (oz) to quarts (qt) and back, so I made a small calculator and a cheat sheet.
Oz to Qt Calculator
Or here’s a cheat sheet you can print out:
|Fluid ounces (oz)||Quarts (qt)|
The ounce (abbreviated oz.) is a unit of volume, mass, or weight.
(The name “ounce” came to use from the Latin word “uncia”, also a measure of volume.)
Ounces are used in the majority of British-derived systems of measurements, including the US and the UK Imperial system.
In the US measurement system, ounces in a quart can be calculated in two units:
- U.S quart (liquid)
- U.S quart (dry)
How many fluid ounces in a U.S Quart (Liquid)?
A fluid ounce (fl. oz. or oz. fl.) is a unit of volume.
In the Imperial system, one fluid ounce equals approximately 28.4 milliliters, while in the U.S system, the fluid ounce stands for about 29.6 milliliters of liquid.
- Imperial system: 1 fl. oz. = 28.4 ml
- U.S system: 1 fl. oz. = 29.6 ml
One quart (liquid) has approximately 32 U.S fluid ounces, while in the imperial system, one quart equals 33.306969 (33.31) fluid ounces.
- 1 U.S fluid ounce = 1/32 U.S quart liquid.
- 1 U.S quart liquid = 33.31 Imperial fluid ounces.
You can put it the other way around too:
- 1 Quart (qt) = 32 fl. oz. U.S
- 1 Quart (qt) = 33.31 fl. oz. Imp.
How many fluid ounces in a U.S Quart (Dry)?
A U.S quart (dry) contains 37.236711 U.S fluid ounces or 38.757564 Imperial fluid ounces.
You can thus approximately set the value of the U.S quart (Dry) as follows:
- 1 Quart Dry = 37.24 U.S. fluid ounces.
- 1 Quart Dry = 38.76 Imperial fluid ounces.
What about pints, cups, and gallons?
One quart equals two pints, while one pint equals two cups.
- 1 Quart= 2 Pints = 4 Cups = 32 fl. oz.
- 1 Pint = 2 Cups = 16 fl. oz.
- 1 Cup = 8 fl. oz.
What is a gallon?
A gallon is a unit of measurement that is equal to four quarts.
It is better to say, though, that a quart is one-fourth of a gallon, as that is how it got the name in the first place (“quart” is an abbreviation of the word “quarter”).
1 gallon = 32 fl. oz. multiplied by 4 = 128 fl. Oz.
You can also calculate how many pints or cups there are in one gallon of liquid:
1 gallon = 2 pints multiplied by 4 = 8 pints
1 gallon = 4 cups multiplied by 4 = 16 cups