- Instead of a box grater, you can use a food processor to shred the potatoes.
- If the potato mixture is sticking to your hands, moisten them with some water while you are forming the tots.
- Using a tablespoon to shape potatoes helps to measure the same sized tots.
- Flour can be replaced with cornstarch. Use half as much cornstarch as you would flour because cornstarch has twice the thickening power of flour.
- You can blend the dip completely smooth or leave it slightly chunky if you prefer.
Air Fried Tater Tots with Spicy Tomato Dip
These will be the best tater tots you've tried. Similar to french fries, the air fryer takes them to a whole new level.
For the Tater Tots:
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes peeled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking oil
For the Spicy Tomato Dip:
- 4 to matoes finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place peeled potatoes to a medium-size saucepan and cover with water. Over medium-high heat bring them to a boil. Remove potatoes from the stove, drain them and let cool.
- Once cooled, using a box greater, grate potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add in the flour, salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder and mix well.
- Using your hands or a spoon, form small tots.
- Meanwhile, heat the air fryer to 350° F (176 ° C).
- Place tots in the air fryer basket and spray with coking oil. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping them every 5 minutes.
- To make tomato dip, add tomatoes, onions, minced garlic and freshly chopped coriander to a food processor. Season with chili, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Remove tater tots from the air fryer.
- Serve with the spicy tomato dip.
Calories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 6gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2062mgPotassium: 1111mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1443IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!