These will be the best tater tots you’ve tried. Similar to french fries, the air fryer takes them to a whole new level. You can skip the dip if you want.
- Instead of a box grater, you can use a food processor to shred the potatoes.
- If the potato mixture is sticking to your hands, moisten them with some water while you are forming the tots.
- Using a tablespoon to shape potatoes helps to measure the same sized tots.
- Flour can be replaced with cornstarch. Use half as much cornstarch as you would flour because cornstarch has twice the thickening power of flour.
- You can blend the dip completely smooth or leave it slightly chunky if you prefer.
Air Fried Tater Tots with Spicy Tomato Dip
For the Tater Tots:
- Place peeled potatoes to a medium-size saucepan and cover with water. Over medium-high heat bring them to a boil. Remove potatoes from the stove, drain them and let cool.
- Once cooled, using a box greater, grate potatoes and add to a large bowl. Add in the flour, salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder and mix well.
- Using your hands or a spoon, form small tots.
- Meanwhile, heat the air fryer to 350° F (176 ° C).
- Place tots in the air fryer basket and spray with coking oil. Cook for 15 minutes, flipping them every 5 minutes.
- To make tomato dip, add tomatoes, onions, minced garlic and freshly chopped coriander to a food processor. Season with chili, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Remove tater tots from the air fryer.
- Serve with the spicy tomato dip.