Air-fried chicken breast is much better than baking or stovetop. It surprisingly retains so much moisture, you get fewer calories, and the taste is amazing. You can try just salt & peppering them, air frying frozen chicken breast, reheating, – or this elaborate breaded variation.
- Fresh spinach can be replaced with the frozen one, but make sure you drain excess water out of it before cooking.
- Leave cream cheese at room temperature to soften before mixing it with spinach.
- Make sure the filling is not leaking out of the stuffed chicken. Use a toothpick if you want to be extra sure.
- Pick your favorite ingredients to adjust the recipe to your taste – try broccoli and cheddar, mushroom and Parmesan, or ham and Swiss cheese version.
- Serve with roasted veggies or a fresh salad!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast in an Air Fryer
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and spinach and saute for about 5 minutes. Season with onion powder, dried dill and oregano. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, mix spinach with cream cheese in a bowl.
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and, using a knife, cut one side of each chicken breast slicing parallel to the chopping board. Don’t cut the entire way through, but make a ‘’pocket’’ for the filling.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon or two of filling into each breast.
- In a small bowl beat the egg.
- In another bowl spread breadcrumbs.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then coat generously with breadcrumbs.
- Set the air fryer to 360° F (180° C). Spray the chicken with cooking spray or oil and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken, respray and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and serve. Enjoy!