This is a classic Louisiana sandwich. It’s your basic go-to crunchy shrimpy savory seafood sandwich with a bit of mayo. You will need a skillet.
Shrimp Po’Boy Sandwich
This is a classic Louisiana sandwich. It's your basic go-to crunchy shrimpy savory seafood sandwich with a bit of mayo. You will need a skillet.
- Pour oil into a large saucepan, heat over medium.
- In a large bowl, mix seasonings, flour, and cornmeal.
- Pour buttermilk into a cup, dip shrimp in and then coat with flour mixture.
- Fry shrimp for about two minutes until golden, then set aside on paper towels to drain oil.
- Slice rolls in half and smear desired amount of mayonnaise on both pieces.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and shrimp.
- Optional: drizzle over tabasco sauce.
Calories: 578kcalCarbohydrates: 82gProtein: 39gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 299mgSodium: 2394mgPotassium: 672mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 2525IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 398mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Want a free sample of my latest toaster oven recipe eBook?
Subscribe to get a few pages ❤️