This is a classic Louisiana sandwich. It’s your basic go-to crunchy shrimpy savory seafood sandwich with a bit of mayo. You will need a skillet.
Shrimp Po’Boy Sandwich
- Pour oil into a large saucepan, heat over medium.
- In a large bowl, mix seasonings, flour, and cornmeal.
- Pour buttermilk into a cup, dip shrimp in and then coat with flour mixture.
- Fry shrimp for about two minutes until golden, then set aside on paper towels to drain oil.
- Slice rolls in half and smear desired amount of mayonnaise on both pieces.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and shrimp.
- Optional: drizzle over tabasco sauce.