This recipe requires a slow cooker, but it’s definitely worth the wait. This recipe yields 4 servings (or 3 prepped meals). It’s very delicious, the slow-cooked pork bellies go all melty and tender.
Alternatively, try these pork belly recipes from The Woks of Life.
Roast Pork Sandwiches
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic heads
- 3 tbsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- Dijon mustard
- 4 submarine rolls
- Mix pork, honey, seasonings + 1 cup of water in a slow cooker until evenly coated.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, until tender and easily shreddable. Set to warm after.
- Meanwhile, add onion and red pepper to a mixing bowl and season to taste. Transfer to a baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees 1 hour before pork is done. Roast onions and red peppers for 40 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a tray and let it cool.
- Shred pork using 2 forks. Taste for salt, add more if necessary.
- Spread mustard as desired on rolls. Top with pork, red onions, red peppers.