When a large ham is more than you need, switch to a smaller prepared ham and bake it with pineapple pieces. Quick to assemble, the ham can be baking while you prepare mashed potatoes and coleslaw to go alongside. Cold leftover ham is great for sandwiches. If you prefer just a few pineapple pieces, reserve the rest, along with the remaining juice, for a smoothie. You will need a toaster oven to prepare this.
Ham and Pineapple Baked in a Toaster Oven
- Cut ham in half lengthwise. Cut each half into serving slices (about 10 slices per side). Arrange slices, overlapping, in a lightly greased 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish.
- ln a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard and 1/3 cup (75 mL) reserved pineapple juice. Spoon over ham.
- Bake in preheated 375 °F (190 °С) toaster oven for 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and spoon pineapple pieces on top of ham.
- Return to oven and continue to bake for 15 minutes, or until pineapple pieces are heated through.
- Serve from baking dish or, using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer to a serving platter and arrange pineapple chunks over ham.
Want a free sample of my latest toaster oven recipe eBook?
Subscribe to get a few pages ❤️