Tacos are almost an any-meal solution, excellent for brunch, lunch, or dinner any day of the week. Flour tortillas are the traditional wrap, but corn tortillas, crispy shells, or even lettuce leaves can be used. With a variety of toppings, everyone can customize their own taco. You will need a toaster oven to prepare this.
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce Guacamole
- Diced jalapenos
Taco seasoning, available in supermarkets and bulk stores, can replace the spice mixture.
Fish Tacos from a Toaster Oven
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on parchment-lined oven pan. Brush fish with olive oil and drizzle with lime juice.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic salt, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin and pepper. Sprinkle fillets with spice mixture just to taste. (Store any leftover mixture for the next time you make tacos.)
- Bake in preheated 375 °F (190 °С) toaster oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Timing depends on thickness of fish.)
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the toaster oven for 5 minutes while preparing toppings.