No need to feel guilty about indulging in some ice cream when it’s made with nutrient-rich broccoli.
This unusual flavor combination might be the green alternative to your usual vanilla scoop.
Broccoli is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a superfood that wonders for your health.
When used in ice cream, broccoli provides a creamy texture and a slight sweetness that takes the place of traditional sugar.
This recipe is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
Who knew that broccoli could be turned into delicious and creamy ice cream?
This green alternative to vanilla is sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What are broccoli florets?
Broccoli florets are small, edible pieces of broccoli that resemble miniature trees.
They can be eaten raw or cooked and are often used in salads and stir-fries.
When used in ice cream, broccoli florets provide a creamy texture and a slight sweetness that takes the place of traditional sugar.
What is the difference between milk and heavy cream?
Milk is a liquid that contains fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
Heavy cream is a thicker liquid that contains more fat than milk.
Heavy cream provides a richer flavor and smoother texture when used in ice cream.
Sugar is a type of carbohydrate that is found in many foods.
It is used to sweeten food and can be made from sugar cane or sugar beets.
When used in ice cream, sugar provides sweetness and a creamy texture.
Salt is a mineral that is used to add flavor to food.
It can be made from sodium chloride or other minerals.
When used in ice cream, salt enhances the ingredients’ flavor and helps keep the ice cream from melting.
Vanilla extract is a flavoring that is made from vanilla beans.
It adds flavor to food and can be found in many desserts.
The vanilla extract provides a rich, sweet flavor to ice cream.
1. Add the broccoli florets to a blender or food processor and blend until they are finely chopped.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the chopped broccoli, milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
3. Cook over medium heat, frequently stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
6. Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
7. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Serve the ice cream topped with your favorite toppings.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make this recipe!
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2-3 hours or until solid.
- Stir the ice cream occasionally as it freezes to prevent it from becoming too hard.
- This recipe makes enough for 4-6 servings.
- Store any leftover ice cream in a freezer-safe container and enjoy it within 2 weeks.
- Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, folic acid, calcium, and fiber.
- Broccoli has been shown to protect against various cancers, including breast, colon, lung, and ovarian cancer.
- Broccoli is also a good detoxifier, helping remove toxins from the body.
- Broccoli is a low-calorie food, making it a good choice for those watching their weight.
- Some people find broccoli to be a bit bitter. If this is the case, you may want to try adding a sweetener, such as honey or agave nectar, to your ice cream.
- Add vanilla extract to your ice cream if you want a more traditional flavor.
- Add cocoa powder or chocolate chips to your ice cream for a chocolate twist.
There are 3 main ways to store ice cream: in the freezer, in the fridge, or at room temperature.
When storing ice cream in the freezer, it’s essential to use a freezer-safe container.
This will help prevent the ice cream from becoming too complicated or developing large crystals.
Store the ice cream in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Choosing an airtight container is essential if you’re looking to store ice cream in the fridge.
This will help keep the ice cream from drying or developing freezer burn.
Store the ice cream in the fridge for up to 2 days.
When storing ice cream at room temperature, it’s essential to use an airtight container.
This will help keep the ice cream from melting or developing large crystals.
Store the ice cream at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Enjoy your homemade ice cream!
Is there broccoli ice cream?
Yes, broccoli ice cream is a type of ice cream that contains broccoli as one of its main ingredients.
This gives the ice cream a unique flavor and a creamy texture.
What are the benefits of eating broccoli?
Broccoli is a nutrient-rich food containing vitamins A, C, and K.
It also contains fiber and minerals such as iron and calcium.
Broccoli is a low-calorie food that can help you reach your daily nutrient needs.
Do you like broccoli with ice cream?
The answer may surprise you, but I enjoy broccoli with ice cream.
The two flavors complement each other well, and the ice cream helps to mellow out the bitterness of the broccoli.
Give it a try sometime!
Do you like broccoli ice cream chords?
There are no broccoli ice cream chords that I am aware of.
However, if you want a song to sing while eating broccoli ice cream, I recommend the classic children’s song, “The Wheels on the Bus.”
Do you like peanut butter?
I love peanut butter! It goes great with almost anything, including broccoli ice cream.
The two flavors complement each other well, and the peanut butter helps to add some protein to the ice cream.
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
I love the refreshing taste of mint, and the chocolate chips add a great crunch.
Broccoli Ice Cream: The Green Alternative To Vanilla
- Add the broccoli florets to a blender or food processor and blend until they are finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chopped broccoli, milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Cook over medium heat, frequently stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve the ice cream topped with your favorite toppings.