- Subway Sauces Recipes You Can Try At Home - June 2, 2022
- Slow Cooker Potatoes Recipe - June 2, 2022
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets No Breading - June 2, 2022
Frozen breaded okra is a dish made from breaded and fried okra. It is a popular dish in the southern United States.
OK, admittedly, breaded okra may not be the most glamorous dish in the world, but it’s tasty!
And if you’re like me and you love okra but don’t always have the time to bread and fry it yourself, then cooking it using the air fryer is the perfect solution.
Love okra but don’t love the hassle of frying it?
Air fryers are all the rage right now because they make cooking so much easier.
You can air fry anything – from chicken to fish to French fries. And now you can even air breaded fry okra.
The best part is that you don’t have to worry about any of the oil splattering all over your kitchen.
The Okra will come out crispy and delicious without any of the mess.
Plus, it’s a healthy alternative to traditional frying methods.
Okra is a vegetable that is often battered and fried.
We will be air frying the okra in this recipe instead of using traditional methods.
This recipe is perfect for a quick snack or side dish.
How to Make Frozen Breaded Okra?
To make frozen breaded okra, you will need:
-1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
-1 cup of bread crumbs
-2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
-1 (10 ounces) package of frozen cut okra, thawed
In a shallow dish, beat the egg. Mix the flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place the bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
Dip the thawed okra into the egg, then coat with the flour mixture. Dip the okra into the bread crumbs until coated and set aside on a plate.
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place frozen breaded okra in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Drizzle with olive oil or cooking spray. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
How is Frozen Breaded Okra healthy?
Frozen breaded okra doesn’t sound like the healthiest food choice.
Most people would never guess that frozen breaded okra is a healthy food choice. It’s not something you would typically think of as good for you.
Frozen breaded okra is an excellent fiber, vitamin C, and potassium source. It’s also low in calories and fat. So if you’re looking for a healthy snack, frozen breaded okra is a great option.
Frozen breaded okra is a healthy and delicious alternative to deep-fried or boiled.
The breading on the frozen okra helps keep it from sticking together, so you can fry up just one at a time without having to worry about them clumping together.
It also has less fat than other fried foods.
So if you’re looking for a healthy and convenient snack, give frozen breaded okra a try. You may be surprised at how much you love it!
You’ll be able to enjoy your favorite southern dish while feeling good about what you’re eating!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Fat: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Have you ever Wondered! What can you serve with Frozen Breaded Okra?
Okra is a vegetable often used in dishes such as gumbo. It can also be breaded and fried or added to soups or stews.
When breaded, okra can be a delicious side dish that goes well with many different meals.
Try these ideas for something new to try with your frozen breaded okra.
1. Dipping sauce: A simple dipping sauce can be made by combining ketchup and horseradish. This is a good option if you are serving fried okra.
2. Sour cream and onion dip: Another dipping sauce that is sure to please is sour cream and onion dip. Simply combine sour cream, onion powder, and garlic powder to create this tasty dip.
3. Okra casserole: This dish is a great way to use up any leftover okra. Simply combine cooked okra, onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes in a casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese and bake until hot and bubbly.
4. Grilled okra: If you are looking for a healthy option, try grilling your okra. Simply brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
5. Okra salad: This is an excellent option for a summer picnic or potluck. Combine cooked and cooled okra with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions. Add a vinaigrette dressing or your favorite herb dressing for extra flavor.
6. Sauted okra: Sauting is a great way to cook okra without frying it. Simply heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the okra and saute for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
7. Okra and tomato soup: This soup is a great way to use leftover okra. Combine cooked okra, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and onion in a blender or food processor—season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat over medium heat until hot.
Okra stir-fry: This is a great way to use any leftover okra. Add the okra and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Add your favorite vegetables and continue cooking until everything is hot and tender.
9. Okra pizza: This is a fun and unique way to use up your okra. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spread some pizza sauce on a pizza crust.
Top with cooked okra, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Okra smoothie: This is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. Simply combine cooked okra, milk, banana, and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth, and enjoy!
As you can see, there are many different ways to enjoy your frozen breaded okra.
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy side dish or something a little more adventurous, there is sure to be a recipe that fits your needs.
So, next time you have some frozen breaded okra on hand, don’t be afraid to get creative!
Do you have a favorite way to eat frozen breaded okra?
Share in the comments below!
Air Fry Frozen Breaded Okra
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package okra
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg. Mix the flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place the bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip the thawed okra into the egg, then coat with the flour mixture. Dip the okra into the bread crumbs until coated and set aside on a plate.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place frozen breaded okra in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Drizzle with olive oil or cooking spray. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Enjoy!