If you have a swimming pool, then you probably already know what pool cakes are.
They’re the perfect way to celebrate your pool! If not, here’s everything you need to know about pool cakes.
What is pool cake?
A pool cake is basically a cake baked inside a swimming pool mold.
The mold can be an actual pool or one that is shaped like a swimming pool.
This is the basic definition of a pool cake—it doesn’t matter how the cake was made, so long as it was baked in a swimming pool.
There are many different types of pool cake recipes on the Internet, including those from baking book, but the most popular type of pool cake is one that features a blue or green frosting for the water and a white frosting for the rest of the cake.
What is the difference between a pool cake and a regular cake?
The biggest difference between a regular cake and a pool cake is in the design.
Regular cakes usually feature a round shape with multiple layers, while pool cakes usually only have two layers.
Most pool cakes also have a solid border around them, while regular cakes are typically more freeform.
There are several reasons why people prefer pool cakes over regular ones, including their appearance and their ease of construction.
When it comes to pool cakes, the construction process is much easier because there are fewer steps needed.
You don’t even need a piping bag to create a pool cake.
How do you make a pool cake?
You can easily make a pool cake at home if you have access to a standard pool.
Just follow these steps to get started:
- Prepare the base layer of the cake by cutting out a round piece of cardboard that measures 1 inch (2.5 cm) larger than the diameter of the pool. Make sure the surface of the cardboard is smooth and clean before using it.
- Pour the batter into the pool until the entire pool is filled with batter. Bake the cake according to the package instructions for the size pool you have chosen.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, remove it from the pool. Then, cut the sides of the pool off with a sharp knife. Set the pool aside.
- When all of the layers of cake have been assembled, place the pool back into the pool. Use tape and/or toothpicks to hold the pool together.
- Use a piping bag to pipe the blue-green frosting onto the sides of the pool. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a spoon instead.
- Once the blue-green frosting has dried, fill the pool with ice cream or pudding and add decorations.
What are the ingredients in a pool cake?
The main ingredient in a pool cake is the batter itself.
For this reason, pool cakes tend to be much simpler than regular cakes.
Because pool cakes are typically just two layers, they don’t require additional baking time after assembly.
How do you decorate a pool cake?
Decoration options for pool cakes vary widely depending on which one you choose.
Some pool cakes come with pre-made decorations, such as candles or flowers, while others allow you to personalize the whole cake.
1.Bake the cake as directed in the recipe.
2.Place the pool back into the pool.
3.Pipe blue-green frosting around the edge of the pool.
What are some common pool cake flavors?
There are dozens of different types of pool cakes available online, with each one featuring its own unique combination of colors and flavors.
The most popular pool cake flavors include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, carrot cake, peanut butter cup, lemon meringue pie, red velvet cake, coffee cake, and banana split.
What is the average cost of a pool cake?
The cost of a pool cake varies widely based on the style of cake you select.
A traditional pool cake with a simple yellow or light pink frosting will likely run you between $30 and $40.
A more complex version with a brown or dark pink frosting will cost more.
How do you store a pool cake?
Pool cakes aren’t too heavy, but they are still quite dense and sturdy.
To keep your pool cake fresh, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to three days.
Once it’s ready to eat, unwrap the pool cake and carefully remove the pool.
Place it on a plate until you’re ready to serve it.
How long does a pool cake last?
Because pool cakes are very dense, they won’t spoil as quickly as other cake styles.
Still, pool cakes should be consumed within four to five days after baking.
Are there any special tips for making a pool cake?
While the basic principles of making a pool cake are fairly straightforward, there are a few things to remember when building your own pool cake.
- Make sure your pool is deep enough. The depth of the pool is key to creating a quality pool cake. If the pool isn’t deep enough, the pool cake may sink during baking.
- Check the level of the pool every step of the way. When you bake the pool cake, the batter needs to reach the top of the pool. If the pool is too full, the batter will overflow and spill onto the floor of the pool.
- Be patient while baking the pool cake. Baking pools takes a lot longer than regular cakes. While regular cakes can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half, pool cakes take closer to 2 hours. Be prepared for your pool cake to sit for a while before it’s cooked through.
- Keep the pool cake moist. After the pool cake has finished baking, the pool needs to stay wet for as long as possible. To achieve this, cover it with a damp towel, paper towels, or even cheesecloth to prevent evaporation.
- Don’t try to assemble the pool cake too soon after baking. Allow the pool cake to cool completely before assembling it. Otherwise, you risk breaking the pool.
Is it safe to eat a pool cake?
Yes, pool cakes are perfectly safe to eat.
In fact, it’s very difficult for bacteria to survive in a pool cake because it’s baked inside the pool itself.
However, pool cakes are best eaten within five days of baking to ensure that they remain fresh.
German Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat until it is warm.
- Add the yeast and sugar, and stir until the yeast has dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the melted butter, eggs, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and stir until well combined. If you use raisins or currants, add them now and stir to combine.
- Grease a 9-inch baking pan with butter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the flour, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Stir until well combined. Add the nuts, if using, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter in the pan.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 25 Easy Cool Whip Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Easy Chuck Steak Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Simple Camping Breakfast Ideas - February 24, 2023