Check out my Toaster Oven Buying Guide to see the best toaster ovens to buy in 2020!
As an Amazon associate I may earn a commission from a purchase you make. This does not increase cost for you or influence my decision.
Once I discovered that one of “Oprah’s favorite things” is a toaster oven/air fryer combo, I’ve decided to review it. I was skeptical about the endorsement at first. It promises great toast, a professional baking experience and, since it’s an air fryer, liquid-free frying. But how well does it deliver on these promises? Is the Cuisinart Air Fryer actually good at frying? What can you do with it?
Let’s find out.
Cuisinart TOA-60: Main Pros
To start, these are my Cuisinart Air Fryer’s favorite features:
Quick and quiet
If you want an effective oven you want an oven that performs well under time pressure, and the TOA-60 is definitely great at it.
The oven quickly heats up and cooks faster than your conventional oven. In fact, like with most of our top counter ovens, first-timers may want to reduce both heat level and time to prevent any burnt foods.
If you’re air frying, you’ll also enjoy quick preheating times and lightning-fast cooking experience.
And, although this oven does have a fan, the motor is so quiet you’ll barely hear it. This makes it perfect to chat with your guests in the kitchen and assures you won’t wake up anyone when you’re cooking up a midnight snack.
Great built-in features
Cuisinart’s Air Fryer Toaster Oven makes it easy to do both toasting and air frying. You can choose specific options to air fry specific foods, like wings, snacks, veggies and, of course, fries. The oven also has built-in options for reheating, baking, roasting, convection broil and cooking up pizza.
Besides conventional toasting and air frying, you can use the low-temperature settings for braising and slow-cooking dishes. And, unlike most other ovens out there, you can also use it for dehydrating!
The oven’s design has some great little features as well. It includes a safety door that immediately shuts down the oven when opening it and a timer to switch on the oven after cooking.
Easy to clean
The stainless steel exterior can be wiped off with a damp towel once it cools off and the simplicity of the outer design makes the cleaning process very easy. No crooks and crannies to build up dust!
It also has a crumb tray that slides out for washing or just shaking the crumbs right off.
The beautiful silver exterior and the classic, almost minimalistic design makes it perfect for the countertop of any kitchen.
The door features a large window to keep an eye on your food without interrupting the cooking process and its size helps it fit anywhere.
Here’s a close look at the main features of the Cuisinart TOA-60 Toaster Oven:
The Cuisinart Air Fryer has a surprisingly large interior space. In there you can fit up to 3lbs. of chicken wings, 6 slices of toast, or even a 12” pizza.
It measures 14” by 15.8” by 14” (35cm by 40cm by 35cm) and weighs 21 pounds (9.5kg) so it can be hard to move around.
Dials and navigation
This oven is fairly easy to navigate. All you need to do is to set up these four different dials:
- On/timer dial: The “On” dial also doubles as a 60-minute timer and shuts off the oven once the time runs out.
- Temperature dial: You can select temperatures from 250 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (121 to 232 Celsius).
- Function dial: With it, you can use it with the different built-in functions or manually adjust it to bake, air fry, or toast.
- Toast timer dial: Similar to the first dial, this dial simplifies the whole process to just toast bread, all you need to do is to select your toast shade and it’ll turn off automatically.
The unit comes with a crumb tray that doubles as a baking pan, an oven rack and an air-fryer basket. None of these are dishwasher safe so they must be hand-washed.
Cuisinart TOA-60 – Should You Buy It?
The Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven is a great oven that can air fry well.
Here’s where it shines… and where it doesn’t:
What I liked:
- Versatile: With so many options, from toasting bread to baking pizza to air frying wings and fries, this toaster oven gives you more functionality than most others.
- Great design: The gorgeous stainless steel exterior and the simple and elegant design will look great in any kitchen for years to come.
- Good oven performance: The oven is fast, efficient and heats up pretty evenly.
- Standard size: You can use the same accessories as in other toaster ovens, a plus when purchasing them or using the ones you have.
- Easy to use – You’ll either be using three dials to bake and air fry or the one for toasting. No complex navigation or weird digital screens.
- Three-year warranty: Although many ovens offer the one year, Cuisinart has always provided quality appliances. That’s why, although it’s not surprising to see the three-year warranty, it’s definitely reassuring.
What I didn’t like:
- Not the best air fryer: Although the air fryer is completely functional, some users reported that they couldn’t properly air fry things like donuts and full chickens and that the frying seems to be uneven, especially when loading it up to the top.
- Inaccurate timer: The timer is mechanical, not digital, and the mechanism doesn’t seem to be precise, so you need to check up on your food to make sure the timer isn’t running long. In addition to it, the timer has 10-minute intervals with nothing in between.
Conclusion – Should You Get It?
Don’t get me wrong – the Cuisinart TOA-60 is a great toaster oven. It gives you lots of cooking options, large cooking area and quick cooking times. However, the air fryer seems to be slightly lacking — it’s certainly not as good as the big ol’ Breville Smart Oven Air — although it’s still great for a dual-function oven.
The TOA-60 Air Fryer Toaster Oven is the perfect appliance if you want a great toaster and convection oven that you can occasionally use for air frying. It’s perfect for people that like to be more hands-on with their cooking experience and for people that are looking for a large oven at a small price.
I hope this helps!