Here’s how you can make pork jerky using just your toaster oven. It will take you just over one hour, and it will come out chewy, low-fat and very delicious.
Pork Jerky from a Toaster Oven
- Place meat in the freezer for couple of hours.
- Take it out of the freezer and slice thinly into small pieces.
- Combine meat with all the other ingredients in a bowl. Mix until combined. Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least couple of hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Place a parchment paper on a large baking tray. Spread a thin layer of marinated meat and another parchment paper on top. Press with your hand or roll over with a rolling pin until meat is spread evenly.
- Remove the top parchment paper. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Take the meat out of the oven. When it is cool enough to handle, cut into 4 pieces.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220 ºC and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Flip over jerky slices and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Take the meat out and leave to cool. Ready to serve! Enjoy!