This list of the best mothers day cake recipes will certainly make your mother feel special.
She’ll love how delicious they are and how easy they are to make!
You know what they say: “a mother’s love is a mother’s gift.”
t doesn’t matter how old you are, no one deserves to feel like that.
That’s why I have compiled a list of the best mothers day cake recipes for you to enjoy.
There are so many to choose from, too!
Whether you need a simple layer cake or something with a little more flair, there is something on this list for everyone.
Have a birthday celebration planned already?
These cakes don’t care.
Let your mom enjoy her special day with one of these scrumptious cakes.
1. Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cakes
I’ll admit that these cakes are a little tricky to make.
The filling needs to be stirred constantly, and you might need some help from the kids.
Plus, the cream cheese frosting is insanely rich.
Luckily, it’s so easy to make at home using store-bought dairy-free chocolate frosting.
You can also use this time to whip up some whipped cream on top for something extra special.
2. Fresh Strawberry Cake
Looking for a fresh and bright strawberry cake?
This recipe is what you’re looking for.
This cake is moist, tender, and wonderfully sweet.
It has the perfect balance of tangy cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries on top.
The combination of flavors is truly one to die for.
Best of all, this cake takes only 30 minutes to make!
3. Lemon Bundt Cake
This lemon bundt cake is soft and moist, while remaining fluffy and tender.
The best part?
It’s packed with lemon flavor!
Finished off with a bright, citrusy glaze, this cake is perfect for any occasion.
I think it’s fabulously citrusy enough to be an appetizer.
Or maybe a brunch dessert?
The possibilities are endless!
4. Lemon Raspberry Cream Cake With Meringue Kisses
If you’re a fan of lemon and raspberries, this cake is for you.
It’s light, lemony, and packed with bright raspberry flavor.
The meringue kisses are divine, too. They’re the perfect touch to make this cake extra special.
Serve it with a scoop of ice cream and some fresh raspberries on top for an extra special treat.
5. Dulce De Leche Cake
Dulce de leche is a Mexican caramel-like dessert made with condensed milk, vanilla, and sugar.
It’s sweet, sticky, and smooth.
This dulce de leche cake is even more decadent thanks to the cream cheese frosting.
The best part?
It only takes 35 minutes to make!
6. Lemon Curd Cake
This cake is a sweet lemon-flavored pudding with a light, fluffy vanilla cake base.
The lemony flavor of the curd complements the rich and decadent cake perfectly.
It’s tart yet creamy.
It’s also proof that lemon curd can be enjoyed on its own as well as blended in desserts like this.
7. Victoria Sponge Cupcakes
Cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate any occasion.
Whether you’re celebrating a baby shower or a birthday party, these Victoria sponge cupcakes make the perfect choice.
With no frosting, all you need is a simple buttercream, which will leave your cake so moist and tender in every bite.
Generous helpings of cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk make for an extra special treat.
8. Caramel Layer Cake
This caramel layer cake is the dessert for your next holiday party.
It’s topped with an incredibly moist and fluffy sponge cake, covered in caramel-infused whipped cream.
And it’s all finished off with a dulce de leche topping!
Topped with cupcakes, this cake will be the talk of the party.
9. Red Velvet Cake
Red velvet cake is dreamy, moist, and simple to make.
This cake is best served with a dollop of vanilla buttercream frosting.
Its flavor is light and airy, with hints of chocolate.
The cake itself comes in layers that are sweetened with red velvet sugar.
It’s not overly sweet, but the addition of red food coloring makes it pop!
The only downside to this recipe is that it won’t really be “red” unless you use crushed red velvet cookies for decoration.
Otherwise, it looks like the color you expect from a regular red velvet cake.
10. Lemon Velvet Cake
Every time I think of a summer cake, lemon is at the top of my list.
It’s bright and fresh, and it never disappoints.
This one calls for a cake mix and adds a vanilla glaze.
But you can use any flavor or color glaze you want.
Just make sure you get enough to cover the whole cake.
And don’t forget to let it cool completely before slicing!
11. Dulce De Leche Chocolate Cake
Cake is a great way to end a meal.
But what if you could make it even more delicious?
That’s exactly what this recipe with dulce de leche and chocolate in the cake, frosting, and whipped cream will do.
What makes this dessert even better is that you can have it ready in 30 minutes!
It’s light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness.
The dulce de leche adds sweetness and moistness to the cake.
The chocolate frosting on top brings a rich burst of flavor as well.
This cake will surely be a hit at your next party or birthday celebration.
12. Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
Get ready for the most indulgent dessert you’ll ever eat.
Tres leches cake is a Mexican sponge cake with three different kinds of sweet custard.
It’s made by combining heavy cream, evaporated milk, and sour cream.
For maximum indulgence, use chocolate ganache to top it!
13. Berry Mascarpone Layer Cake
Mascarpone is a soft and creamy cheese with a light, filling flavor.
It’s perfect for desserts like this.
The cake is dense and moist, and the berries and mascarpone frosting give it incredible flavors without being overpowering.
If you want something special, be sure to use good quality cheeses like goat or blushing Gloucester.
Alternatively, use low-fat versions if you can find them.
14. Vanilla Layer Cake
This vanilla layer cake is a seriously impressive dessert.
It’s also unbelievably delicious.
The fluffy, tender crumb is combined with the moist and creamy vanilla pudding to make one amazing dessert.
There are layers of fluffy chocolate-covered Oreos and white chocolate chips throughout the cake.
It’s so rich and decadent that it’ll leave you feeling full but not weighed down at all.
I love making chocolate cake as a post-workout meal.
It’s so decadent and delicious, but it’s also very filling.
It’s not like you need to worry about getting the right amount of carbs or calories in your post-workout meal – just pile on the chocolate!
In this recipe, you can add a healthy dose of protein (from lean beef) and enjoy every bite. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
16. Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Cake
This buttermilk cake is one of those delights that’s best served with a spiced lemon glaze.
The cake itself is light and fluffy, and the blueberries are sweet and tart.
Adding the buttermilk in the frosting gives it such an incredible tangy kick that’ll squelch all your cravings for more cake.
It doesn’t get much better than this!
17. Chocolate Oreo Cake
Here’s another chocolate cake you can make in no time, and it’s the easiest one on the list!
There are only six ingredients – flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and instant pudding mix – but they’ll transform this cake into something fantastic.
It has a buttery taste and a moist texture that will leave you wanting more.
Every bite is warm, comforting, and almost nutty.
It tastes like chocolatey heaven.
I don’t know how anyone could resist it.
18. Maple Walnut Cake
Maple and walnuts make a wonderful pairing, and this maple walnut cake is a shining example of why.
The creamy, sweet sponge is perfectly moistened with maple syrup and packed with walnuts.
It’s slightly crisp on the outside but soft in the middle.
Made by simple addition of butter, flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and baking powder to your batter (and then again for the final rise), you won’t believe how good it tastes.
This cake is also made even more impressive with ganache icing on top.
It adds such depth to this already delectable dessert!
19. Vanilla Latte Cake
This is my favorite vanilla latte cake.
It’s just as light and fluffy as the chocolate one, though it also has a rich, decadent cream cheese frosting.
I like to make this with a tart white cake mix, so the flavor of the frosting isn’t too overpowering.
It also helps with keeping it from getting soggy in that center.
Best of all, you can make it ahead of time and take it to work for an easy dessert.
Just be sure your coworkers don’t mind!
20. Lemon Poppyseed Cake
This lemon poppyseed cake is to die for.
It’s light and fluffy, with a sweet cornmeal topping.
The fresh lemon flavor compliments the buttery sweetness nicely.
It’s also wonderfully crunchy, thanks to the poppy seeds.
Enjoy this majestic cake with tea or coffee, or just by itself.
It’s heaven on earth!
21. Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Cake
This cake is like taking a strawberry and making it into a dessert.
That’s what I call genius.
You start with one layer of biscuit-like crumb, topped with mascarpone cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries.
Then, you top the entire thing off with a smooth chocolate ganache that gives this cake an incredible depth of flavor.
It’s so good, you’ll want to eat it plain!
22. Peaches And Cream Layer Cake
There’s a reason peaches and cream is one of the most popular desserts in the world.
This cake is ridiculously moist, buttery, and bursting with flavor.
It’s also guaranteed to have you coming back for more!
It has a simple pecan-infused cake base that’ll make your taste buds dance.
Top it off with a creamy vanilla glaze and fresh peaches – it’s amazing.
23. Margarita Cake With Lime & Tequila
Looking to pair your margarita cake with something a little stronger?
This lime and tequila version is the perfect pairing.
It’s ultra-moist, citrusy, and tangy.
The lime juice really brings out the flavor of all of the ingredients in this cake.
Plus, it’s pretty sweet, so you won’t need to add any extra sugar.
It incorporates just a handful of simple ingredients that are required for this dessert.
Save yourself some time by making this delicious recipe ahead of time.
24. White Chocolate Almond Raspberry Cake
I adore this light, elegant white chocolate and almond raspberry dessert.
It has a wonderfully creamy texture to it, thanks to the tofu and almond milk.
And though you’ll need to let the cake cool completely before frosting, it’s super fast and easy to make ahead of time.
The best part is that you can use whatever flavor you like in this recipe.
I love sweet chocolate desserts, so I always add some chocolate chips here.
25. Pink Ombre Cake With Vanilla Buttercream
If you’re a fan of anything pink, this cake is for you.
The color and pattern are so pretty, it won’t even matter if the flavor isn’t stellar.
It does have quite a few flavors to go with that signature pink hue, including double-fudge caramel, butterscotch pudding pudding, chocolate ganache, and vanilla cream cheese frosting.
The cake itself is dense and moist with plenty of chewiness.
It’s also rich and sweet with an added tartness from the caramel.
This is not just one cake!
Vanilla Cheesecake Funfetti Pink Ombre Layer Cake
- 1 oven
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup milk at room temperature
- 6 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. butter vanilla emulsion extract
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. table salt
- 12 oz. unsalted butter softened but still cool
- 1 cup valentine colored sprinkles
- red food coloring if coloring cake
- 1 packet powdered gelatin around 2 ¼ tsp
- 1 cup cold water divided
- 3 large eggs separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsalted butter cubed and at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. white chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- To the Cake:
- Oven temperature set at 350.
- Four 8-inch cake pans should be prepared with baking spray.
- The milk and eggs must be at room temperature.
- Combine milk, egg whites, and extracts in a medium bowl using a fork.
- Slowly combine cake flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a stand mixer bowl.
- Add the butter, chop it into cubes, and beat on low for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the entire milk mixture—all except 1/2 cup—to the flour mixture, and beat for 1 1/2 minutes at medium speed.
- Beat for about a minute after adding the final 1/2 cup of the milk mixture.
- Sprinkles should be incorporated.
- Equally divide the mixture into 4 medium bowls.
- Leave one bowl of batter white, add coloring very gradually to the other three, and gently fold them into the batter. Add a little bit more coloring to each bowl as you go, so that the four bowls produce an even gradation of color.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pans, and bake each layer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the outside is golden and a spear inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake reach room temperature.
- Regarding the Cheesecake Bavarian:
- 14 cup of the water should be put into a small bowl.
- Gelatin should be added and allowed to dissolve.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/8 cup granulated sugar in a saucepan. Put nothing near heat just yet.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining water to a rolling boil.
- After boiling, turn off the heat.
- Water should be added slowly while whisking to the egg and sugar mixture in order to temper it.
- Move to the stovetop, mix in the gelatin, and heat and simmer the sauce until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Place the saucepan into a sizable, ice-filled, heat-resistant bowl. The combination will cool more quickly as a result. Make sure to keep an eye on the gelatin to prevent setting. Remove from ice bath once cool, then set aside.
- Make stiff peaks out of 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Whip after adding the vanilla until completely combined.
- Beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until thoroughly blended after adding them.
- 25 Easy Cool Whip Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Easy Chuck Steak Recipes - February 24, 2023
- 25 Simple Camping Breakfast Ideas - February 24, 2023