Hot Pockets are your best bet if you’re looking for a convenient, quick, and easy-to-serve microwavable treat.
These little pockets of goodness are filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables that come in handy when you’re craving a savory snack.
While we enjoy this quick-fix meal, we might wonder how many minutes do you cook a Hot Pocket?
So, how long should you cook Hot Pocket?
Place your Hot Pockets on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 28 minutes.
However, it might take about 12-15 minutes in a convection oven and about 5 minutes in the microwave to achieve a golden brown, crispy pocket.
In an air fryer, it may take about 11-13 minutes.
This article will discuss different methods of cooking Hot Pockets and the duration they take for each.
It will also give you simple tips you can try when cooking Hot Pockets for perfect results.
The no-brainer tips to cooking a Hot Pocket
Microwaving Hot Pockets is a simple and fast way to grab a snack, especially when short on time.
Some of the best tips for a perfect Hot Pocket include:
- Ensure you check your microwave wattage to achieve the correct cooking time. Most microwaves are 1100 or 700-watt, requiring a 2-4 minute cook time.
- Avoid microwaving your Hot Pocket on a paper plate or plastic plate. Paper plates could potentially burn, while plastic plates contain chemicals and thus should not be microwaved.
- Use parchment paper if you don’t have a microwave-safe dish.
- Cook one Hot Pocket at a time for best results.
- Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F for a safe eating experience while preserving the quality of your dish. For even cooking, hold the crisper sleeve on the ends and shake to distribute the hot ingredients.
- For extra crispy results, microwave them for two minutes, then finish cooking the Hot Pockets on a baking sheet in the oven at 375 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
How long to warm Hot pocket in an air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
Place the Hot Pockets in a single layer inside the air fryer basket without the crisper sleeve and cook for 11-13 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F by testing with an instant-read thermometer.
This guarantees safety as there are considerable food safety concerns for undercooked Hot Pockets.
Gently remove them from the air fryer, place the Hot Pocket crispers back on, and allow them to cool.
As a good rule of thumb, always preheat your air fryer to ensure the Hot Pockets cook at evenly distributed temperatures throughout the cooking time.
Are hot pockets better in the oven?
While baking your Hot Pockets in the oven may take much longer than the other methods, such as microwave and air fryer, the results are far better.
Oven-baking your Hot Pockets guarantees tender, juicier, and deliciousness on the outside and superior, golden crispiness on the outside.
Cooking your hot pockets in the oven can come in handy when you don’t own an oven or have a few minutes to spare for better results.
How long to heat Hot Pocket in the oven?
Generally, cooking your Hot Pocket in a conventional oven will take about 28 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven and 12-15 minutes in a convection oven.
Remove the sleeves before baking and place them on a cookie sheet.
When done cooking, carefully remove the Hot Pockets from the oven and serve.
How do you make hot pockets crispy?
If you want to get an extra crispy crust from your frozen Hot Pockets, you need to:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees
- Place your Hot Pockets in the microwave for about 60 seconds in the crisper sleeve
- Gently remove the Hot Pocket from the microwave and unwrap it from the crisper sleeve
- Heat the Hot Pocket in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving
Hot pocket cook time in a conventional oven
This is the longest method of cooking Hot Pockets, but it’s also the best way to cook any pre-made food.
You’d need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes to bake your hot pockets.
Place the unwrapped Hot Pockets on a cookie sheet and bake for about 28 minutes.
Remove the Hot Pocket from the oven once done cooking.
The result should be a golden brown, crispy outside with a blazing hot inside.
Get the Hot Pocket back into the crisping sleeve and let it sit for about 5 minutes before eating.
It’s recommended to heat the Hot Pocket until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F to ensure food safety.
You can use an instant-read thermometer to check its internal temperature, as an undercooked Hot Pocket can risk food poisoning.
Hot pocket cook time in a microwave
If you prefer microwaving, the cooking time depends on your microwave’s wattage and desired result.
A crispier outcome will take longer than a softer one.
However, using a microwave is faster as it takes less time than an oven or air fryer.
Here are the steps for heating a Hot Pocket in the microwave:
- Remove the frozen Hot Pocket out of its box and wrapping and place it in the crisping sleeve.
- Place the sleeve on a microwave-safe plate and microwave your Hot Pocket for 2-3 minutes. However, how long to heat up Hot Pocket in the microwave will depend on the wattage of your microwave and how many Hot Pockets you’re cooking at a time.
- Once cooked through, carefully remove it from the crisping sleeve and let it sit for about 5 minutes before eating it.
Is it safe to microwave hot pockets?
Yes, Hot Pockets are microwave friendly, and it’s the most recommended method because of its crisping sleeves.
However, it’s not a good idea to microwave your Hot pockets on paper plates as they can easily burn.
Plastic plates also contain chemicals that may pose a health hazard and should be avoided completely.
Use a microwave-safe plate that will not threaten your safety when eating your food.
How long to microwave 2 hot pockets?
It takes about 4 minutes to microwave two frozen Hot Pockets.
However, It might take about 3 minutes and 30 seconds for a softer pocket.
Overheating your Hot Pockets may cause the insides to ooze out of the sides and dry up.
How long do you microwave 3 hot pockets?
Place your Hot Pockets on an oven-safe plate and bake at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through.
If you want to reheat your Hot Pocket in the microwave, cook it for 2-3 minutes at full power or until it’s heated through.
Can I cook 2 hot pockets at once?
Yes, you can cook two hot pockets at a time.
However, for best results, you should cook one at a time.
Typically, Hot Pockets require 2-3 minutes to cook through in the microwave.
Why is my hot pocket cold in the middle?
How long to heat Hot Pocket has everything to do with how the microwave heats frozen molecules compared to foods that are not frozen.
However, heat them for 75% of the suggested time to ensure your Hot Pockets are evenly hot.
Take it out of the microwave, hold on both ends and shake it, so the hot filling on the ends mixes with the cooler filling in the middle.
Take it back and cook for the remaining time.
Can dogs eat hot pockets?
While feeding your pup Hot Pockets may not be fatal, it’s best to avoid them altogether.
Dogs require a balanced diet created just for canines to meet their dietary needs while staying out of risks caused by such highly processed foods.
Are hot pockets processed foods?
Hot Pockets are highly processed foods as they’re rich in sugar and saturated fat to add texture and flavor.
Along with preservatives, they contain modified substances and additives that only fill you with empty calories.
However, they’re also a delicious and inexpensive cheat meal but should be taken in moderation.
How do you make hot pockets not explode?
If you’re reheating a frozen Hot Pocket, ensure you poke the pocket a few times using a fork before cooking.
This helps to release any trapped steam, preventing the pocket from exploding.
While Hot Pockets may not be one of the healthiest foods you can have, it’s a convenient guilty pleasure meal that may be here to stay.
Luckily, there’s a healthier way to enjoy Hot pockets.
If you can’t find the better version (Lean Pockets), you can cook your own Hot Pockets from scratch.
Just ensure you heat them until they reach the recommended temperature.
As a result, you’ll get Hot Pockets that are safe, healthy, and perfectly done.
Hot Pocket Recipe
- 1 bowl
- Put warm milk in a large bowl
- Add sugar and yeast to the bowl and mix well
- Add the five cups of flour and knead to make a dough
- Transfer the dough into a bowl sprayed with some cooking oil
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel
- Let the dough sit for ninety minutes or until it rises
- Take the dough out and divide it into four parts
- Use a quarter of the dough to make three hot pockets
- Make the dough into a rectangle
- Divide the rectangle into three parts
- Place preferable filling into triangles away from the edges
- Fold the rectangles and seal them by pressing on their edges using a fork
- Store the pockets in the freezer or fridge