Don’t you miss that mouth-watering, slightly spicy taste of clamato juice?
The best part is that you can make it right at home with just a few simple ingredients!
Making clamato juice at Home is fun to get your daily vitamins and minerals.
It is delicious, but it’s also a great way to keep your immune system strong during the colder months.
Here’s a quick guide on how to make your clamato juice:
Here’s what you’ll need:
Tomato is the main ingredient in Clamato juice.
You’ll need about 2-3 tomatoes for every cup of juice you want to make.
A few cloves of garlic will give your juice a nice flavor.
Garlic is good for your health, so it’s a great addition to any juice.
Celery is a friendly, crunchy vegetable that goes well in Clamato juice.
It’s also healthy and full of vitamins and minerals.
A little black pepper goes a long way in Clamato juice.
It adds a bit of spice and flavor to the drink.
If you want to make a genuinely authentic Clamato juice, you’ll need to add some canned clams.
This is optional, but it does make the drink more delicious.
Use half a lemon per cup of juice.
Clams are, of course, the star ingredient in Clamato juice.
You’ll need about 1/2 pound of clams per cup of juice.
You’ll need water to cook the clams and thin out the juice.
Hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, celery seed, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice
- 1 can (6 oz) of tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 cans (5.5 oz each) of minced clams, drained
1) Start by cooking the clams.
Add the clams and enough water to cover them in a pot.
Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the clams have opened.
2) Remove the clams from the pot with a slotted spoon and set them aside.
3) Pour the clam broth into a blender.
Add the garlic, celery, tomatoes, black pepper, and lemon.
Puree the ingredients until they’re smooth.
4) Pour the juice into a pot and add the clams.
Bring the juice to a simmer and then cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add salt, pepper, and other optional ingredients to taste.
Serve hot or cold.
- You can make a large batch of Clamato juice and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you want a truly authentic experience, serve the juice with some chopped celery and a dash of hot sauce.
- Canned clams can be found in the seafood aisle of most grocery stores.
- Feel free to add any other vegetables you like to your Clamato juice.
- Some good options include carrots, onions, and green peppers.
This recipe has approximately 133 calories, 18 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein.
There are 3 ways to store clamato juice:
1) Keep your clamato juice fresh for up to 1 week in the fridge.
2) In the freezer- if you plan on storing your clamato juice for longer than a week, it’s best to freeze it.
This will keep it fresh for up to 3 months.
3) Canning- you can use it if you want to store your clamato juice for an extended period.
This will keep it fresh for up to 1 year.
When storing clamato juice, use a clean, airtight container.
Ways to Enjoy Clamato Juice
Clamato juice is delicious, but there are also many different ways to enjoy it.
Here are a few ideas:
1) Add it to a Bloody Mary- for a truly delicious and unique twist on the classic cocktail, add some clamato juice to your next Bloody Mary.
2) Use it as a soup base- clamato juice makes a great soup base.
Add some vegetables and protein of your choice, and you’ve got a delicious and healthy meal.
3) Drink it straight up if you’re feeling adventurous; try drinking clamato juice on its own.
It’s pretty delicious.
4) Use it in place of tomato juice- in any recipe that calls for tomato juice, feel free to swap in some clamato juice.
It’ll add a unique and delicious flavor to your dish.
5) Use it as a marinade- clamato juice makes an excellent marinade for seafood, poultry, and pork.
Marinate your protein of choice in the juice for a few hours before cooking.
6) Make shrimp cocktail- for a delicious and easy appetizer, add cooked shrimp to a bowl of clamato juice.
Serve chilled with some lime wedges, and enjoy!
7) Make seafood chowder- for a delicious and hearty soup, add some seafood, vegetables, and potatoes to a pot of boiling clamato juice.
Season with some salt and pepper, and enjoy!
8) Make a seafood boil- for a delicious and easy seafood dinner, add some shrimp, crab, or lobster to a pot of boiling clamato juice.
Season with some Old Bay seasoning, and enjoy!
9) Use it as a pizza sauce- for a delicious and unique pizza, try using clamato juice in place of the tomato sauce.
Trust us, and it’s delicious!
Clamato juice is a delicious and versatile beverage that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
Whether you’re drinking it straight up or using it in place of tomato juice, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this delicious drink.
So go ahead and give it a try; we guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
Thanks for reading our ultimate guide to making delicious clamato juice at Home!
We hope you give it a try and enjoy this unique and tasty beverage in many different ways.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments in the comments section below.
We love hearing from our readers, and we’re always happy to help out!
The Ultimate Guide to Making Delicious clamato juice at Home
- 1 large-sized blender
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cans minced clams
- Start by cooking the clams.
- Add the clams and enough water to cover them in a pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the clams have opened.
- Remove the clams from the pot with a slotted spoon and set them aside.
- Pour the clam broth into a blender.
- Add the garlic, celery, tomatoes, black pepper, and lemon.
- Puree the ingredients until they’re smooth.
- Pour the juice into a pot and add the clams.
- Bring the juice to a simmer and then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and other optional ingredients to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.