A lot of people travel with candy to help them relax and enjoy their time away from home.
Even though it’s not a food item, candy is still considered a “beverage” by the TSA, so you’ll need to know how to pack it before you board your flight.
Can you bring candy on a plane?
Yes, you can bring candy on a plane.
You can either pack it in your carry-on or checked baggage.
If you’re flying out of an international airport, you may have to check your luggage first.
What are the restrictions on bringing candy on a plane?
The TSA has strict regulations about what items you can take on a plane.
Here are the rules for candy:
- You cannot put candy in your mouth unless it’s sealed in a plastic bag.
- Candy must be packed in its original packaging (which means no bags)
- No liquids or gels are allowed in your carry-on or checked luggage.
- If you want to bring liquid candy on a plane, it needs to be in a clear bottle that doesn’t exceed four ounces.
- You cannot bring more than three ounces of hard candy or gum into the cabin.
- If you’re traveling internationally, you will need to go through customs at the airport before boarding your flight.
Can you bring candy in your carryon or checked baggage?
Depending on where you’re flying from, you might be able to bring candy in your carry-on or checked baggage.
For example, if you’re flying domestically, you can usually bring candy in your carry-on but you’ll need to pay extra fees.
International flights require different procedures.
Check with your airline to see what they allow as far as packing your luggage goes.
What types of candy are allowed on a plane?
There are several kinds of candy that are allowed on planes.
The most common type of candy you’ll find is chocolate, but you can also bring other candies like bubble gum, mints, licorice, gummi bears, sugarless gum and lollipops.
As long as it’s not melted, chocolate is one of the safest foods to bring on a plane.
It won’t melt in the heat of summer or freeze during winter months.
Chocolate bars should be wrapped individually in plastic wrap, foil or paper.
If you don’t have those options, just put the whole bar in a plastic bag.
You can also buy individual pieces of chocolate that are already packaged this way.
Since liquids are prohibited on planes, you can only bring small amounts of liquid candy.
This includes things like soda, juice, water and sports drinks.
Don’t try to sneak these items onto a plane, because they’ll likely get confiscated.
If you want to bring gum on a plane, make sure it’s sugarless and non-melting.
Sugarless gum is available in many flavors, including peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, fruit punch and bubble gum.
Non-melting gum is available in a variety of flavors, including grape, cherry, orange, lemon, lime, pineapple and strawberry.
This is another safe option to bring on a plane.
You can purchase hard candy in single-serving packages.
They come in all sorts of flavors, such as caramel, brownie, blueberry, coconut, cotton candy, fudge, honeycomb, marshmallow, peanut butter, raspberry, red velvet, sour apple, strawberry, vanilla, white chocolate and yellow cake.
How much candy can you bring on a plane?
Each airline and airport has different policies regarding how much candy you can bring on a plane.
Some airlines limit you to three ounces of hard candy or gum, while others allow up to six ounces.
Some airports allow you to bring more than one package of gum.
What happens if you bring too much candy on a plane?
If you bring too much candy on a plane, you could end up losing your luggage.
Your best bet is to avoid bringing too much candy on a plane altogether.
If you do decide to pack too much candy, keep it in your carry-on and leave it behind when you arrive at your destination.
Are there any benefits to bringing candy on a plane?
Some people say that it helps relieve stress, which is why you might want to consider bringing candy on a plane.
However, it’s important to remember that you can’t eat the candy on the plane.
Make sure you pack enough snacks for yourself to tide you over until you land.
Are there any special considerations for bringing candy on a plane?
When you’re traveling internationally, you’ll need to go through customs at the airport upon arrival.
This means you’ll need to show your passport, and you’ll probably have to empty your pockets and remove anything from your carry-on.
When you return to the gate, you’ll need to wait for security again.
Once you’re cleared, you can pick up your luggage and head to the gate.
What are some tips for carrying candy on a plane?
Pack a cooler full of ice and place it in your carry-on, so you can keep your candy cool.
Keep your candy in its original packaging, even if it’s in a plastic bag.
Don’t use a lot of plastic wrap or foil to cover your candy. Keep it in its original wrapper.
Make sure your candy is packed tightly. Don’t let air circulate around the packages.
Neapolitan Coconut Candy
- 3 bowl
- Place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Put vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate, butter, and coarse salt in a pot. Let the mixture melt as you whisk slowly.
- Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Add unsweetened and sweetened coconuts to the pot, mix thoroughly, and put in three bowls.
- Put food coloring in one bowl and milk chocolate in the other.
- Smear the baking sheet with the milk chocolate, then pour the coconut mixture on top and bottom.
- Refrigerate for a few hours for a candy texture. Remove the bar from the fridge and slice it into smaller blocks.
- Cover each bar with parchment paper. Return to the fridge for a week.