- Subway Sauces Recipes You Can Try At Home - June 2, 2022
- Slow Cooker Potatoes Recipe - June 2, 2022
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets No Breading - June 2, 2022
Should you get one of these or not?
Read on below.
In this article, I go over the most popular air fryers on the market today – made by PowerXL.
I spent several days researching them so you don’t have to.
A Word About Air Fryers
Since you’re here you probably know these things, but this is why I love air fryers:
- They are healthy. Instead of simmering in the oil or fat, your food is heated up with hot air (higher speeds than convection ovens). It means less calories (up to 70% less), better for the heart and better taste. Plus, it’s not just for fries or chicken nuggets, you will be surprised at how many different kinds of food.
- Air fryers excel at reheating food. It’s incredible. I know people who specifically freeze pizzas in order to air fry them later.
You can cook almost anything in an air fryer if you tweak the recipe a little bit.
Check out my recipes for air fryers or this nifty air fryer conversion calculator.
The only thing you should be on the lookout for is the smoke, but it’s the same as with conventional wall ovens.
Just remember to use the drip tray that comes with the air fryer so the grease does not drip over the heating elements, and you’ll be good to go.
Plus, most of them are loud because of the fans.
About the Manufacturer
PowerXL is a brand owned by Tristar Products Inc., founded in 1992 in the USA.
Unlike GoWISE and other Chinese microbrands, it’s a legitimate business that owns brands like Emeril Lagasse.
PowerXL Air Fryer Options
Tristar has three PowerXL air fryers for sale:
- PowerXL Air Fryer & Grill
- PowerXL Air Fryer Oven 10 Qt
- PowerXL Air Fryer Maxx Classic 7 Qt
The main difference among these is their size and features.
PowerXL Air Fryer Grill Plus 8 in 1 Roast, Bake, Electric Indoor Grill
- #1 best selling brand of air fryers in the United States
- Huge family size capacity
- Many different cooking presets including Grill, air fry, bake / pizza, broil, sear, toast, reheat, or use the grill / air fry function to grill steaks
- Dishwasher safe parts. Easy to clean nonstick grill plate
You probably saw this one in the commercials.
It is the biggest one on this list, and with the most features.
As you can guess from the name, it’s both an air fryer and a grill, and can double (or triple) as a toaster oven (although it heats up longer than a toaster oven).
The cooking is good, and it’s very versatile.
It can take whatever you throw at it:
- air fry french fries, chicken wings, pork chops
- bake pizzas, quesadillas, or muffins
- grill, broil and toast (see the difference)
- do most of the things I write about in the toaster oven recipes section
- Exterior: 19″ x 10.5″ x 11.5″
- Interior: 12.5″ x 7.5″ x 11″
- Consistently good air frying
- Versatile: can air fry, grill, and toast
- Many accessories (if you’ll use them all): grill plate, crisper tray, baking pan, oven rack, rotisserie spit set, drip tray
- Gets VERY hot to the touch
- Loud when it works
8-in-1 Cookinf Preset and Digital Touchscreen
- Wide variety of custom cooking functions
- 10 presets to air fry, bake, roast, toast, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, make pizza, or reheat in one touch
- 1700-watt rapid air crisp technology gives you extra crispy fried taste
- Large capacity: fits 6 rotisserie kebabs, 6-lb roast chicken or 8-lb pork loin, bakes a 9” pizza and crisps 1.5 lb French fries
- Rotating air fryer basket cooks and crisps evenly, no shaking or turning required
The 10 Qt PowerXL is the most powerful on the list (1700 watts), and, unlike regular air fryers, it has racks instead of baskets.
Because of this, it fits more food, and you can cook different kinds at the same time.
- Very powerful
- Cooking is good
- Spacious racks
- You don’t need to turn the food when air frying
- It trips the wiring if your outlets can’t handle 1700 watts
- The racks are somewhat hard to clean
Extra Hot Air Fryer For Super Crispy Cooking
- #1 best selling brand of air fryers in America
- Uses hotter, faster airflow than ever before
- Digital display panel with 7 one-touch presets - air fry / French fry, broil / fish, roast, bake, shrimp, chicken, steak
- 1700-watt rapid air technology provides up to 400° superheated hot air at rapid speed
This is the one that you can get if you dislike the other two for any reason.
The basket is big enough for several people, and it cleans easily.
There’s also the 4-quart version, as well, although I would stick with the 7-quart one.
The difference in money and space to be saved by getting the smaller one are really negligible.
Air fryers are great, and I’m glad I finally found a couple that I can recommend.
For the longest time, this space was dominated by low-quality no-name convection ovens.
Ask yourself this: will you really be using one?
There are things we get and never use, like waffle irons for example.
You think it’s a great idea but you forget that you eat waffles only twice a year, so it sits there on the counter collecting dust.
If you really will be using an air fryer – which is great – then you can’t go wrong with PowerXL.
Perfect Pizza Air Fryer Recipe
- 1 pizza crust homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- basil optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce.
- Add the pepperoni and, if desired, the basil leaves
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and serve.