Latest posts by Grace (see all)
- Subway Sauces Recipes You Can Try At Home - June 2, 2022
- Slow Cooker Potatoes Recipe - June 2, 2022
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Fillets No Breading - June 2, 2022
This is a much healthier version of coconut shrimp they have at the Outback restaurants. Or, you can use this recipe as a guide on air frying shrimp as well!
- For the breading to stick better, make sure you removed any extra liquid from shrimp. And for easy dipping, keep the shrimp tail-on!
- Fresh or frozen shrimp – it’s up to you. If you choose frozen ones, fully defrost them before frying. Either way, make sure you peel and devein shrimp and pat them dry.
- Don’t forget to preheat your air fryer before adding in shrimp.
- To ensure even cooking, cook shrimp in few batches.
- This air fried shrimp can be a delicious addition to pasta, rice, fresh salad or spicy taco.
Air Fryer Spicy Coconut Shrimp
This is a much healthier (because it's air fried) version of coconut shrimp they have at the Outback restaurants.
For the Shrimp:
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined, tail-on
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Vegetable oil for spraying
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix flour with garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Whisk the eggs in another bowl and season with salt and pepper. In the third bowl combine panko bread crumbs with coconut flakes.
- Holding each shrimp by the tail, dip in the flour mix. Shake off excess and then dip in the eggs. Finally, dredge in the mix of bread crumbs and coconut, making sure all sides are covered evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200 °C).
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil and add a layer of shrimp. Lightly spray shrimp also and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Flip shrimp over, spray again with oil and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While shrimp is cooling, prepare easy tomato dip. In a large mixing bowl combine tomato purée with finely chopped fresh tomatoes. Add minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Remove shrimp from the air fryer and serve in a plate with a bowl of tomato dip. Enjoy!
Calories: 255kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 8gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 971mgPotassium: 586mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1044IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 56mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!