Remember the Travis Scott burger?
It was a McDonalds beef burger on a sesame seed bun topped with bacon, shredded lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard. Apart from the bacon and lettuce, it was essentially a Quarter Pounder.
But in September last year Travis Scott (rapper Jacques Berman Webster II’s stage name) announced a collab with McDonalds, and they released a burger named after a celebrity, for the first time in 30 years since Michael Jordan’s “McJordan”.
In my opinion, the burger was not worth the hype. But Tik Tok exploded with videos of people at the drive thru saying “You know what I want,” or turning on Travis Scott’s most famous song “Sicko Mode” while ordering.
The burger (and the meal that went with it that included fries, barbecue dip, and Sprite) came and gone, but I decided to reminisce and make a homemade version of it. Between the burger, the bacon, the cheese, lettuce, and pickles, it’s a pretty solid cheeseburger. Here’s the recipe for y’all to try as well.
Travis Scott Burger
- 1 beef patty for a quarter pounder
- 1 sesame seed bun for a quarter pounder
- 2 slices american cheese
- 3 slices bacon
- shredded lettuce
- pickle slices
- diced onions
- Bake, grill or fry the bacon until crispy on both sides.
- Drain the extra bacon fat on a paper towel.
- Form the burger patty into
Patty and Buns
- Season the patty with a lot of salt and pepper.
- Cut the bun into halves.
- Toast the bun halves for one minute or until brown and crispy on the skillet.
- Fry the patty on the skillet for three minutes on each side.
- Take the bottom half of the bun and smear it with ketchup.
- Place the cheese on the bottom half.
- Place the patty on the cheese.
- Place the bacon on the patty.
- Place the onions and the lettuce on the bacon.
- Take the top half of the bun and add mustard and pickles.
- Assemble your burger.
Want a free sample of my latest toaster oven recipe eBook?
Subscribe to get a few pages ❤️