Southern-style hash browns are a staple of the Southern diet.
They can be eaten as breakfast, lunch, or dinner and come in many variations.
One popular southern dish is air fryer hash browns.
Air fryers are not the same as bottomless fat fries, but they offer a similar taste at a fraction of the calories.
These homemade Southern Style hash browns are seasoned with cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt, then cooked up inside an air fryer until they’re crispy and golden brown.
This dish will be the perfect breakfast or lunch side to any meal!
This recipe for air fryer hash browns should satisfy any cravings you have for these fried potatoes without all the guilt!
1 pound of Russet potatoes, peeled and grated
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Mix well until all the ingredients are coated.
2. Heat the oil in an air fryer and Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
3. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the air fryer and spread out evenly.
4. Transfer the hash browns to the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
5. Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
Enjoy your delicious Southern-style hash browns!
They’re the perfect way to start your day.
1. Hash Browns can be a versatile side dish that can be enjoyed with just about any type of main course.
2. They can be served with gravy, ketchup, barbecue sauce, or chili stew.
3. They are a versatile side dish that will be sure to please everyone at the table.
Do not overcrowd the hash browns in the air fryer – this will prevent them from cooking evenly.
2. Do not add any additional liquids or seasonings to the potatoes before cooking, as this will cause them to become soggy.
3. Air fryers vary in temperature and cooking time, so make sure to check the hash browns regularly to ensure they don’t burn.
4. You can easily double or triple this recipe if you serve a large crowd.
5. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Reheat them in the air fryer or microwave before serving.
If your hash browns are not crispy enough for your liking, you can place them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
Hash Browns are one of our favorite comfort foods, and we know they will be one of yours too!
With this easy air fryer recipe, you can have your very own batch of crispy, golden brown hash browns in no time!
Southern-style hash browns are a delicious and healthy breakfast option.
They are made with potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper and are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast.
Hash browns are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber.
They also contain antioxidants, which can help protect your body from disease.
Oil is a healthy source of fat, and salt and pepper are essential seasonings that add flavor to food.
Hash browns are a great way to start your day, and they are also a good option for a snack or a light lunch.
They are easy to prepare and can be enjoyed on any day.
Southern Style Hash Browns are a healthier alternative to traditional hash browns.
They are made with diced potatoes, onions, and peppers, all cooked in olive oil.
This makes them a low-fat and healthy option.
Southern Style Hash Browns are also a good source of fiber.
Fiber is essential for digestive health and can help to regulate blood sugar levels.
Fiber can also help reduce the risk of heart disease and some types of cancer.
Southern Style Hash Browns are also a good source of potassium.
Potassium is an essential mineral that helps to regulate blood pressure and muscle function.
It is also essential for maintaining bone health.
So, if you are looking for a healthier alternative to traditional hash browns, give Southern Style Hash Browns a try!
They are low-fat, healthy, and delicious!
There are many possibilities for what to serve with Southern Style Hash Browns.
You could serve them with eggs, bacon, and toast for a hearty breakfast.
They would also be great as part of a lunch or dinner plate, served alongside grilled chicken or steak, for example.
You could also add them to a sandwich for a delicious and filling meal.
1. Breakfast items such as eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast.
2. Lunch items such as sandwiches, salads, and soup.
3. Dinner items include chicken, fish, steak, and pasta dishes.
4. Dessert items such as pies, cakes, and ice cream.
5. Snack items such as chips, dip, and fruit.
One option is to serve them with gravy.
You can either make your gravy or use a pre-made variety.
Another is to serve them with ketchup or barbecue sauce.
And finally, you could also serve them with chili or stew.
So, there are plenty of options for serving Southern Style Hash Browns.
They are a versatile side dish that can be enjoyed with just about any type of the main course.
So, be sure to give them a try the next time you are looking for a delicious side dish to serve at your next meal.
You won’t be disappointed!
No matter what you choose, Southern Style Hash Browns are sure to be a hit!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
A: Any type of cooking oil will work well in this recipe.
You could use canola oil, vegetable oil, or even butter.
A: Yes, you can make this recipe with frozen hash browns.
Just make sure to thaw them before cooking.
A: Yes, you can add any type of vegetable that you like.
Some good options include peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
Therefore, with this in mind, if you are looking for a healthful, low-fat breakfast alternative that is also flavorful and satisfying, Southern Style Hash Browns are a dish to consider.
They are made with simple ingredients and can be prepared in under 15 minutes.
So, why not give them a try today?
You won’t be disappointed!
Southern Style Hash Browns in Air Fryer
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are coated.
- Heat the oil in an air fryer and Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the air fryer and spread out evenly.
- Transfer the hash browns to the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining potato mixture.
- Serve hot.