Don’t you love those mouth-watering, juicy, sloppy joes straight out of the can?
I know I do!
But those things are loaded with sugar and other preservatives.
So, what’s a girl to do when she wants her sloppy joe fix without all the fuss?
Make them in her toaster oven, of course!
I know, I know. You’re probably thinking, “Sloppy joes in a toaster oven? Is she crazy?”
But trust me, it works like a charm!
Plus, it’s super easy and quick.
So if you’re in a hurry, or if you just don’t feel like firing up your big oven, this is the recipe for you.
Sloppy Joes are one of the most popular recipes in America, but they’re not always as easy to make as you might think.
The good news is that with just a few minutes in the kitchen, you can have these delicious sandwiches on your plate!
A toaster oven is a great way to make Sloppy Joes, but it’s not as easy as you might think.
So I’m going to show you how to do it right so your family and friends can enjoy the food without any complaints.
You can recreate that same taste and texture that you love from the canned stuff, but without added junk.
And the best part is, you probably have all the ingredients you need right in your pantry.
So let’s get started you will need a toaster oven to prepare this.!
Sloppy Joes recipe
Course: Main Course
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Calories: 328 kcal
How to Make Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven?
Here’s a vintage recipe for Sloppy Joes that have been handed down for generations!
What you’ll Need:
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef, chicken, or turkey
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp onion flakes dried
- 1 tsp oregano leaves dried
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 4 crusty rolls
- In a 6-cup (1.5 L) casserole or baking dish, combine beef, tomato sauce, ketchup, onion flakes, oregano, salt, black pepper, and hot pepper flakes.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 °F (180 °С) toaster oven for 35 to 40 minutes, occasionally stirring, until meat is no longer pink and mixture is bubbling.
- The mixture will be a bit “sloppy.”
- Remove casserole from the oven and heat rolls in the toaster oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Split rolls and spoon meat mixture onto bottom halves. Cover with top halves of rolls.
A Secret to a Perfect Sloppy recipe will make any family dinner a success!
Try this recipe tonight, and let me know how it turns out!
How to Store Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven?
It would be awful to have a tasty Sloppy Joe dish go bad before you can finish it.
If you want to keep the leftovers for another meal, here are some tips on storing them.
- Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the fridge. It will last in the fridge for up to four days.
- If you want to keep it for longer, you can freeze it. Just make sure to place it in an airtight container before freezing. It will last in the freezer for up to three months.
- When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then reheat it in the toaster oven.
Whether you’re feeding a crowd or just looking for an easy weeknight meal, this Sloppy Joes from a toaster oven recipe is sure to please!
So, what are you waiting for?
Give it a try!
Nutrition Facts of Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven
Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven recipe is full of delicious goodness, with a little bit of naughty.
Here’s why it’s a whole lot better than the packet mix version.
Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven recipe contains;
- Calories: 328kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 1208mg
- Potassium: 759mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Vitamin A: 456IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- Iron: 5mg
Health Benefits of Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven
While I’ve always been a fan of the classic Sloppy Joe, I have to say that this healthier version is just as delicious.
Some people might associate healthy eating with bland food, but that’s not the case with this recipe.
Sloppy Joes from a toaster oven are full of flavor and nutrition!
- This dish is high in protein and low in fat, making it a great option for people trying to eat healthier.
- It contains a unique blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, making it an excellent choice for people looking for variety in their diet.
- Most of its total protein consists of essential amino acids, making it a high-quality source of protein.
Here are the health benefits of this classic Thanksgiving dish:
- It contains protein, which is essential for growth and development
- Tomato sauce is an excellent source of lycopene, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage
- Ketchup is a good source of vitamins A and C
- Dried oregano leaves are a good source of antioxidants
- Black pepper contains bioactive compounds that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties.
- Onion flakes are a good source of vitamins C and B6, as well as fiber
- Rolls are a good source of carbs and fiber
Not only is it lower in calories and fat, but it’s also packed with nutrients that are good for you.
So, if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to the classic Sloppy Joe, this recipe is a great option!
What to serve with Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven?
Have you ever wondered what to serve with Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven?
If so, you’re in luck!
One of the questions people often have is what to serve with Sloppy Joes.
Many times, people just serve them with a side of fries or chips.
However, there are other options that can be just as delicious.
Here are some great side dish ideas that will complement this dish perfectly.
- A side salad with dressing: This can be a simple side salad or a more complex one with different greens, veggies, fruits, and nuts.
- A baguette or other type of bread: This is a great option if you want something to soak up the sauce from the Sloppy Joes.
- Sweet potato fries: These are a great alternative to regular fries and go great with the sweetness of the Sloppy Joes.
- Roasted vegetables: Veggies like Brussels sprouts, carrots, and potatoes all go great with Sloppy Joes.
- Baked beans: This is a classic side dish that goes great with Sloppy Joes.
- Macaroni and cheese: This is a comforting side dish that goes great with the hearty Sloppy Joe sandwich.
- Apple slices: Sliced apples add a nice sweetness and crunch to the meal.
- Carrots sticks: If you’re looking for a healthier option, carrot sticks are a great choice.
- Celery sticks: Another healthy option, celery sticks go well with the tangy taste of Sloppy Joes.
- Pepperoni rolls: These are a fun and unique option that will be a hit with everyone.
- Garlic bread: This is a classic option that pairs well with the Sloppy Joe sandwich.
- Rice: This is a great option if you want something to soak up the sauce from the sandwich.
- Mashed potatoes: This comforting side dish goes great with the Sloppy Joe sandwich.
As you can see, there are many different options for what to serve with Sloppy Joes.
Choose one or more of these sides to make your meal complete.
Get creative and try something new!
Your family and friends are sure to love it.
What was left unsaid in the paragraph about Sloppy Joes is that they are a great way to use leftovers.
If you have any Thanksgiving side dishes leftover, you can quickly turn them into a Sloppy Joe sandwich.
This will help reduce waste and give you a delicious and nutritious meal.
So, don’t throw away those leftovers – turn them into a Sloppy Joe!
These are a few things I’ve learned from my experience in cooking Thanksgiving dishes.
I hope you find them helpful and that they make your Thanksgiving dinner a success!
1. Make sure you have all the ingredients you need before you start cooking. This will save you time and frustration.
2. Don’t be afraid to try new things. You may be surprised at how much you like it!
3. Use leftovers to your advantage. Thanksgiving is a great time to use leftovers in a new and delicious way.
4. Ask for help. Ask family or friends to help you out if you’re feeling overwhelmed. They’ll be happy to do it, and it will make your life easier.
Sloppy Joes are a delicious and easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes.
This classic dish is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and easy meal.
It’s also an excellent option for people looking for variety in their diet.
So, if you’re looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, look no further than the Sloppy Joe!
1. What makes sloppy joes thick?
There are a few things that can make sloppy joes thick.
One is to use thicker meat, such as ground beef.
Another is to add some flour or cornstarch to the mixture.
This will help to thicken it up.
Finally, you can cook the mixture for a more extended period to allow some of the liquid to evaporate, which will also help thicken it.
2. How does Rachael Ray make sloppy joes?
Rachael Ray’s recipe for sloppy joes is pretty simple.
She starts by cooking ground beef in a skillet.
Once the beef is cooked, she adds onions, green peppers, garlic, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
She lets the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes.
Once it’s finished, she serves it on buns and topped with shredded cheese.
3. Do you drain ground beef for sloppy joes?
It’s not necessary to drain the ground beef for sloppy joes.
However, if you want to remove some of the fat from the dish, you can drain it before adding the rest of the ingredients.
4. How do you make Manwich taste better?
There are a few things you can do to make Manwich taste better.
One is to add some extra spices, such as garlic powder or onion powder.
Another is to add in some chopped onions or green peppers.
Finally, you can use a different type of meat, such as ground turkey or ground chicken.
This will give the dish a different flavor and texture.
Sloppy Joes can be made a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated.
Reheat, covered, in preheated 350°F (180°C) toaster oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
Variation: Sloppy Joe Chili
Add 1 cup (250 mL) of rinsed drained canned black beans and 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder to the meat mixture.
Sloppy Joes from a Toaster Oven
- In a 6-cup (1.5 L) casserole or baking dish, combine beef, tomato sauce, ketchup, onion flakes, oregano, salt, black pepper and hot pepper flakes.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 °F (180 °С) toaster oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink and mixture is bubbling. Mixture will be a bit "sloppy."
- Remove casserole from oven and heat rolls in toaster oven for 4 to 5 minutes. Split rolls and spoon meat mixture onto bottom halves. Cover with top halves of rolls.