This colorful vegetable combination is very easy to prepare. If I have any leftovers, I include them in a salad for lunch. Baby potatoes can be replaced with sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch (1 cm) pieces. Serve with cold roast chicken, cold ham, or deli meats. You will need a toaster oven.
Mixed Veggies Roasted in a Toaster Oven
- 8 oz baby potatoes halved (quartered if largish)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small zucchini halved lengthwise and cut in ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and cut in ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 8 oz thin asparagus tough ends removed, cut in 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- 4 oz green beans trimmed and halved crosswise
- Arrange potatoes on parchment- or foil-lined oven pan. Add oil, salt and pepper, toss and turn potatoes to coat with oil, then arrange in a single layer. Roast in preheated 425 °F (220 °С) toaster oven for 12 minutes.
- Add zucchini, red pepper, asparagus and green beans to oven pan. Toss to coat all vegetables with oil. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.