Making tacos at home can be pretty hard work if you don’t have the proper tools.
It is important that you have things like a cutting board and knife (or scissors) so you don’t end up with raw meat on the floor.
You also want to make sure to get the right ingredients for your taco as well.
If you don’t have all those things or just aren’t confident when it comes to cooking, then this post may help you out.
We’ll show you how to make a taco holder so you can keep everything together and make the taco experience easier.
Here’s what you need to know about making a taco holder.
What inspired you to create a taco holder?
I started thinking about creating my own taco holder because I was tired of using paper plates.
Paper plates tend to break easily, and they also tend to be messy.
This means that not only do you have to clean them after you’re done eating, but you have to wash them too! If you’ve ever tried to make tacos at home, you probably know exactly what I mean.
The thing is, paper plates are great to use while you eat.
But, after you’re done, you’ve got to rinse them off and put them away somewhere.
This usually ends up being a mess and a pain.
I thought it would be nice to have something that could hold everything together.
That is, until I realized that most of these holders were made specifically for tacos.
So, I decided to make my own taco holder instead.
What materials do you need to make a taco holder?
There are many different types of taco holder that you can find online.
Some of them are made from wood, other ones are made from plastic — and others are made from metal.
There are also some holders that come with handles.
I chose to go with one of those options.
Here are the materials that you’ll need to make a taco holder:
- A sturdy box (like a cardboard box)
- Two pieces of strong tape (you can pick up these at almost any grocery store)
- Metal hangers (you can buy these at hardware stores)
- Bamboo skewers (if you don’t have bamboo skewers on hand, you can use wooden or plastic skewers)
- A pair of scissors (to cut the tape)
- An oven mitt (for handling hot items)
- A cutting board (this will allow you to prepare your ingredients without getting everything dirty)
- A knife (or scissors) to trim your ingredients into smaller portions
How do you make a taco holder?
Now that you know what you need, let’s talk about how to make a taco holder.
To start off, lay down two pieces of tape on top of each other.
Then fold one piece over the other so that they meet and stick them together.
Don’t worry about the seam showing here.
Once you’ve placed them on top of each other, you’ll need to cut the excess tape off using your scissors.
Once you’ve finished cutting the tape, you’ll need to attach the hanger.
Take your metal hanger and slide it through the hole in the box.
Now, grab the handle of the hanger and pull it back through to secure it inside of the box.
Repeat this process with all of the hangers you plan on using.
When you’re done, you can now begin cutting your ingredients into small portions and placing them inside of the box.
What are the benefits of having a taco holder?
Having a taco holder is going to save you time when it comes to cleaning up after yourself.
You no longer have to worry about washing dishes after you’re done eating.
Instead, you can simply place everything inside of the holder and throw it right into the trash.
The holder won’t break because it doesn’t have any sharp edges.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about things falling out either.
Are there any drawbacks to making a taco holder?
While we mentioned above that you can put anything inside of your taco holder, it isn’t very useful if you want to hold an entire meal.
In fact, a taco holder isn’t really good for much else besides holding tacos.
You can still use it for burritos though.
Just try not to fill it up too full.
Too much food will cause the whole thing to sink into the bottom.
How long does it take to make a taco holder?
It takes about 10 minutes to make a taco holder.
It really depends on the size of your container and how many people you’re planning on serving.
For me, I used a large cardboard box for my taco holder.
Since my box had plenty of room, I didn’t have to cut anything down.
However, if you don’t have quite enough space, you might want to make a few cuts before you add the ingredients.
What is the best way to store a taco holder?
You can store your taco holder anywhere.
Keep it around the house where everyone has easy access to it.
If you have kids, they might even enjoy helping you make the taco holder.
There are tons of different ways that you can store a taco holder.
You can hang it on the wall, keep it under their bed, set it on a shelf, and more.
How often should you use a taco holder?
You can use a taco holder whenever you feel like making tacos.
You can make them once a week if you want to.
Or, you can make them once every couple of days if you prefer.
No matter how often you choose to make tacos, it is always a good idea to keep a taco holder available.
You never know when you’ll have guests over or when someone will stop by unexpectedly.
What are some creative ways to use a taco holder?
Since you can put practically anything inside of a taco holder, there are lots of different ways that you can use it.
You can serve tacos at home, take them to a friend’s house, or pack them for lunch at school.
You can even use it for parties by setting up a taco bar.
Don’t forget to take pictures of the taco party so you can share them with friends later.
What are some tips for making the perfect taco holder?
When you’re ready to make your first taco holder, here are a few tips that will help you along the way.
- Make sure that you have enough space inside of your container. You don’t want to run out of room halfway through your taco party.
- Use a large enough container. Otherwise, you’ll find that it will get difficult to fit everything inside of it.
- Don’t overload the container. Too much food will make the taco holder sink into the bottom.
- Trim the edges with your knife or scissors. Otherwise, your taco holder will have a bunch of sharp edges.
- Keep the container clean. This will prevent bacteria from building up inside of it.
- Try to avoid putting heavy stuff inside of the taco holder. Heavy objects will cause the taco holder to bend.
How can I make a taco holder with a wooden skewer?
If you want to make a taco holder that looks cool, you can try this one out.
It uses bamboo skewers and a wooden container.
Gobernador Taco Recipe
- 1 Pan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to rtillas or 4 corn tortillas
- To make your own gobernador tacos, follow these steps:
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the onions until they start to turn translucent.
- Add the meat into the pan with the onions and seasonings and brown the meat thoroughly.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Pour the water into the pan and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and pour the oil on top of everything.
- Slide the tortilla over the pan and flip over the gobernador taco onto another plate.
- Repeat the process with the other tortillas.